Special thanks to BobP(AZ) - Posted by Robin(AZ)

Posted by Robin(AZ) on February 13, 2002 at 22:39:32:

A guy posted an ad in the localpaper. He had some homes that he was trying to clear off the books for COnseco. Don’t know how he got that job?? I got the impression a friend of his worked there, and gave him a list and a cut for whatever he could hustle. I tried to find infor on Conseco, and once got a number for Greentree… called and called, left voice mail after voice mail-- never spoke to a live person and never had a return call. But, I know other people have had luck…

Robin(AZ)

Special thanks to BobP(AZ) - Posted by Robin(AZ)

Posted by Robin(AZ) on February 12, 2002 at 20:08:55:

If you need proof that the people who frequent this board are something special, you don’t have to look any further than BobP(AZ). He responded to a post I made about a year ago, and offered to help in any way he could. Well, I dragged my feet, but finally got started in Dec. I bought a TOTALLY trashed repo from Conseco for $3500. THEN, I called Bob and asked him for advice!! He went out of his way, recommended his handyman who turned my trashed MH into something that is looking pretty good, and gave me some other very helpful pointers along the way. He didn’t have to help-- he’s busy, he could have seen me as competition, and, just starting out, I am full of newbie questions! But, he is a good person, like many of the other experienced investors that come here.

Too many good deeds go unrecognized, so I wanted to give a special thanks to BobP(AZ) for being a great help, and an even better role model for how we should all behave in this business.

Happy hunting to everyone!

Robin(AZ)

Re: Special thanks to BobP(AZ) - Posted by Bob P.(Az)

Posted by Bob P.(Az) on February 14, 2002 at 09:54:19:

Robin and Sam,
Thanks for the nice comments. Robin, Sherman says you have already sold the Mobile. Congrats!! Sam, look forward to meeting you in the next couple of weeks.

Take care,
Bob

Re: Special thanks to BobP(AZ) - Posted by MATT

Posted by MATT on February 13, 2002 at 21:58:51:

Couldn’t agree more Robin. Everyone here is really helpful. If you wouldn’t mind me asking where did you get the info for the home you bought from Conseco. Did you call them and ask if they had any older repo’s? thanks— Matt

Re: Special thanks to BobP(AZ) - Posted by sam

Posted by sam on February 13, 2002 at 24:23:35:

May I jump in here and echo that sentiment? I am WORSE than a newbie as I have not yet gotten my Lonny books…but I contacted Bob and asked a bunch of dumb questions and asked if he had anything for sale currently that might suit my needs…he answered promptly, politely, offered to send me pictures of one property and was just the essence of consideration and going the extra mile to be helpful. If you think that chivalry (or good manners) is dead…you’re wrong. If you think that high pressure sales is the only way you can make a living…call Bob…that’s not the way he does it. A real gem and an asset to this board or any other.