Spread between wholesale and retail - Posted by MJ

Posted by MJ on June 12, 2000 at 19:02:46:

Appreciate the offer, but all I really need to know is GENERALLY SPEAKING what is the percentage spread between Wholesale and Retail? Is the markeup in the MH industry 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% ? More? Thanks again for your help.

Spread between wholesale and retail - Posted by MJ

Posted by MJ on June 12, 2000 at 13:50:52:

Can’t seem to get the search function to work here so here goes: Can anyone tell me the average spread between the “wholesale” BOOK value of a MH and the “Full Retail” asking price of a MH? In other words, if a MH has a retail price of $60,000, what would be a good guess at the wholesale value of that MH? Thanks! MJ

Re: Spread between wholesale and retail - Posted by charles

Posted by charles on June 12, 2000 at 23:44:55:

retail is about a 20 to 25% mark up as far as I know.

Re: Spread between wholesale and retail - Posted by RICK

Posted by RICK on June 12, 2000 at 17:18:02:

to find out the true wholesale you need to know all the extras that come in that house e-mail me the yr, make, modle, size, and the state the home is located in and i’ll run you an NADA report

You are right… - Posted by JohnE

Posted by JohnE on June 13, 2000 at 08:30:07:

I’m reading a book “Buying A Manufactured Home” by Kevin Burnside, and he says Single-wide 18-23%, double-wide 19-24%
Triple-wide 20-26%

JohnE

Re: Spread between wholesale and retail - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on June 13, 2000 at 08:22:48:

Hi MJ,

From what I’ve learned by talking with new dealers, a 25-30% mark-up is the rule for new mobile homes. As for used homes, there’s a zillion factors that will affect the price. So there’s really no “one price fits all” answer that I know of. Your particularly market, park, condition of home, etc, will have a bearing on the price. And also, in my opinion, the one most deciding factor for used homes especially, will be the financing. In most cases, no financing, no sale.

Best wishes,

Lonnie