Stage Two - Posted by Sheliah Caddell

Posted by JD_TX on February 13, 2001 at 22:46:12:

Sheliah, go to http://www.aireo.com/index.htm. This is the Dallas CREI club. Post there and someone may be interested. You should also be attending the meetings!

Stage Two - Posted by Sheliah Caddell

Posted by Sheliah Caddell on February 13, 2001 at 17:53:11:

Hello everyone, I posted last week under Rookie( the one with 20 years property management exp) I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those of you that responded either here or to my e-mail. Your advice and encouragement was heaven sent. I have spent the last week scouting and networking. I am so eager. I am posting to day for two reasons:

1. I would really like to communicate with an investor in Dallas, Texas (where i live) who is honest and not afraid of us both making money. If there are any reading please contact me . I could be your gold in the bag.
  2. I have my first house under contract and this is a bit of a big deal for me being so new. I wanted to share this situation with mt angels(you guys) The house is located in Glendale, Arizona it’s a 5-3-3 with RV gate formals lr/dr/ den/ game room with walk out patio, 4 level spilt , 3596 sq ft total, no pool, built in wet bar, gourmet kitchen, the owners owe 194,000, they need 30,000 cash at closing, I would like to make a little something, it is not listed with a agent at this time I have a contract for 232,500. Is this a good deal . if anyone is or knows of an investor interested in Arizona property please contact me at 972-698-0844 or via e-mail. the house was built in 1997 and is a custom home .
    thanks a lot
    sheliah

Good deal??? - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on February 13, 2001 at 18:37:57:

Sheliah, We,and you can’t tell if this is a good deal from the info given, because there’s nothing in the way of comparisons. You need to see what others in the area have sold for and details on them. Then compare and see if this is a bargain. If you’re getting this property at $65 per sq. ft. it could possibly be a good deal. Around here where I live, semi-custom homes are being built for no less than $75-$85 per sq ft construction costs and many above that price. Add in the cost of land and improvements and the total’s even more. A nice big house in AZ. and no pool??? In some areas, pools are expected. If you don’t have one, that could make a place harder to sell. Do you think AZ could be one of those places?
Good work in getting the first deal. Now sell it. Just look for someone who doesen’t want a pool.
BillW.

Re: Stage Two - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on February 13, 2001 at 18:33:51:

I’m a newbie but the first thing everyone is going to want to know is:

$ for repairs?
after repair value?
fair market value?

Greg NY