Start a mobile home park with just land? - Posted by Aj

Posted by Aj on June 23, 2007 at 22:24:22:

I was thinking about 75-125

Start a mobile home park with just land? - Posted by Aj

Posted by Aj on June 22, 2007 at 13:00:25:

Hello,

I’m just wanting to know in general how one would go about gettning a mobile park set up with just land.

Any input is appreciated.

Re: Start a mobile home park with just land? - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 23, 2007 at 03:26:03:

I highly recommend you sign up pronto for Scott & Tony’s Mobile Home Boot Camp (see the MH Forum on this site). You’ll save yourself lots of $$$ by going to Asheville the 1st week in August. You’ll not only learn how to make money, but how to avoid losing it. Many of the alumni return each year (I’m one) for updated info & for the super networking. Deals get done on the spot. Anyone who is considering MHs or MHPs (& you SHOULD, especially in this mkt) w/benefit greatly from the experience. It’s also the least expensive MH Boot Camp–the full day field trip to multiple parks is worth the price of admission. Plan to go early & stay late.

Tye

Re: Start a mobile home park with just land? - Posted by Rob Harris

Posted by Rob Harris on June 22, 2007 at 18:20:35:

Land of course is a big part. However sewer electrial power and water and a car pad for each mobile will cost more than the land in most areas of the USA say for 5 acres. If you want it somewhat nice then Paving the roads will add more cost. A sign out on the main street to show new people and visitors where its located. Then an office with mail boxes and several washers and dryers.

How big or how many mobiles were you thinking about.

Re: Start a mobile home park with just land? - Posted by David C. Cooper

Posted by David C. Cooper on June 22, 2007 at 14:05:54:

You’d have to develop the land to allow MHs to be installed. That means: roads, water, sewer, power, cable, telephone, etc. Don’t forget ammenities. Your residents might want access to laundry, postal and recreation services and facilities.

Of course you’ll check with your local authorities to get it all approved first.