Starting a Club - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Myra on March 08, 1999 at 23:24:59:

Bert, I heard you the first time,but unfortunally you did not hear me! “I was the one who said,if you can’t find it,start your own bank yourself"I’ll give you some details as to how to start/ for financing althought it’ll be a credit union. If you’re really serious get 6 friends who agrees with you and you will also need some people that either work/invest in the same place and think you have a good idea (just show them the advantages they’ll have.”
Write to your state department of Banking or Finance, and ask for information on your state requirements to start a credit union(if you have trouble e-mail me I’ll tell you what to do next…after you complete the first task, let me know I’ll guide you till the end.
I wanted to do something like this for us, meaning everyone who’s on CREO and has the desire to make it to the top; unfortunately I was told by JP that she is lacking time right now, and if I should decide to do it I would have to go through paid-advertisement. In other words look for my offer in the PAID-ADS columm SOON,very soon.

Starting a Club - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on March 08, 1999 at 21:52:28:

Hi. In case you don’t remember me, I’m the guy at Ed Garcia’s talk who couldn’t find a mortgage broker in the yellow pages. Guess what. I can’t find any investment clubs either, and that’s because there aren’t any. Not in North Dakota and not in Minnesota (Gary checked there). So the basic question is, how do you start an investors club?

1.How do I locate similar-minded investors?

2.How do I convince them of the value of an investor’s club?

1. Just what do people do in an investors club anyway?

That should be enough for starters.

Just by observing anld listening at the conventionn, I could see the great advantage to knowing other investors, and those I met from areas such as Dallas and Baltimore, where there are strong clubs, seem to have a big advantage over folks like me and some others who are having to go it alone.

Bert G