Staying focused - Posted by jturner

Posted by Nate on January 10, 1999 at 13:39:42:

Dan-

where do you live in OR? I’m in Albany…searching for fellow investors who live around the area.

Let me know, and keep in touch about local market info

Good luck and hope to hear from you,

Nate

Staying focused - Posted by jturner

Posted by jturner on January 09, 1999 at 22:37:14:

I have run into the problem of procrastinating too much about making my first deal. I am also having a problem of staying focused. Does anybody have any advice that I could have to get my butt in gear and make that first deal.

Thanks
Jason

Decide, Visualize and Act - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 10, 1999 at 14:33:10:

You may want to read my article, “How To Design Your
Own Roadmap To Success.” You can find it in the How-To
Articles at: http://www.creonline.com/articl48.htm

JP Vaughan

Re: Staying focused - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on January 10, 1999 at 11:44:31:

Jason,

This is similar to what Russ said.

1st-Educate yourself adequately. I am asuuming you have.
2nd-Make your goals real. Write them down.
3rd-Print this out. “First deal done yet?” Kind of like “Got Milk?”

Place it in your car, on your computer, at work somewhere, etc.

Next, time you are on your computer wasting your time reading my posts. You can ask yourself. My 1st deal done yet? If not, why am I reading Dan’s posts for.

I am not saying that reading posts here is a waste, on the contrary, it’s my daily dose of education.

Make it real and make it happen!

Godd luck!

Dan

focus is tied to Desire - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on January 10, 1999 at 11:05:39:

Jason,

A focused approach to solving problems and creating solutions is so important that the process sometimes seems overwhelming.

The ablity to focus is tied to desire, if you are starving, and are in search of food, focus isn’t a problem, your desire to eat is center in your mind.

As you increase or refine your desire, your focus will follow.

Place your mind on where you are going, the results that you are going to achive, the reasons you desire to achieve.

When I find myself having trouble being focused, the real problem is my desire is weak and needs to be refined and clearly defined.

Hope this Helps

Mark R in KCMO

Re: Staying focused - Posted by Marvin Seawood

Posted by Marvin Seawood on January 09, 1999 at 22:47:31:

Decide how much money you require to retire.
Decide the date on which you plan to retire.
Play with the numbers.

Re: Staying focused - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 10, 1999 at 18:55:00:

You need to treat this business like any other business and create a plan of action - even if you are part time.

No matter what kind of deals you plan to do, you have to do certain things to find them. Things like call ads, mail letters, drive speed bumps at mobile home parks, etc.

To stay focused make a weekly and daily plan of action. For example:

If your red tag list comes out the first week of the month - and the foreclosure list comes out the third week of the month - then on your weekly plan you would write that you need to acquire these lists and send letters, knock on doors - whatever you do to talk to the owner.

On week 2 you may decide to drive around neighborhoods looking for houses and week 4 could be devoted to looking for Lonnie deals.

On your daily plan you could decide Monday is the day you call or visit realtors, Tuesday is the day you research properties by looking up owners on the tax records or the day you go to the courthouse. Wednesday in the day you send out all letters and postcards, etc.

By breaking it down into weekly and daily tasks and STICKING to your plan you are more likely to stay focused.

To avoid burn-out - schedule OFF time too!