Steve Cook - Dun and Bradstreet - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by PBoone on June 17, 1999 at 15:23:26:

John,
I gave you incorrect financial numbers. Turns out the $29.00 package is now $49.00 and the full package is $179.00.
Their website address is www.dnb.com
Pat

Steve Cook - Dun and Bradstreet - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on June 17, 1999 at 11:04:22:

Steve, how are you? Listen I called Dun & Bradstreet to register my company with them. I was told I needed to get five trade names. I assume as referrals. Did you have to do this. What is the big deal to get my company registered? What exactly did you have to do? Thanks in advance.

Re: Steve Cook - Dun and Bradstreet - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on June 19, 1999 at 16:17:21:

John,
I did not register with Dun and Bradstreet. I may be registered with them but if I am they obtained my name from the division of assesments and taxation here in Maryland.
If I were asked for 5 trade references I would give contractors, newspapers that I advertise in, carpeting guy, realtors, bank, attorney, etc…

Hope this helps.

SCook85

Re: Steve Cook - Dun and Bradstreet - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on June 17, 1999 at 12:50:55:

Don’t ask for the service where you have to pay money. If you do that they will want 5 creditors names. Instead use the free service. Tell them you just want a DUNS number and not a rating.

Re: Steve Cook - Dun and Bradstreet - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on June 17, 1999 at 11:20:44:

John,
We list all of our companies w/ Dun and Bradstreet. They are the “Business” credit agency similar to equifax, trw, experian for personal credit.
At first we list and get a Duns Number for free, after 6mos trading w/ companies under the corporate name we pay the $29.00 and have them give us a “rating”
Pat

Re: Steve Cook - Dun and Bradstreet - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on June 17, 1999 at 11:48:56:

Thanks. I just got my number. I guess with anyplace else you have to speak to someone that feels like helping you.