Storage Sheds - Posted by Mr. H (IN)

Posted by Mr H (IN) on May 03, 2007 at 20:07:48:

At this point, I don’t know. I would like to but for various reasons, I can’t commit right now. By the time the air clears for me, it will probably be sold out.

Storage Sheds - Posted by Mr. H (IN)

Posted by Mr. H (IN) on May 01, 2007 at 15:18:01:

Well, I have a buyer. Unfortunately he’s not interested in my MH. He’s interested in the shed. It is ~ 10x8.

When I moved the home, I told the movers to leave the shed because it has some bad spots that need fixing and I honestly didn’t think it would make the trip. They moved it anyway and now someone wants to buy knowing about the condition of it.

My question is, what is the value of a storage shed? Has experience shown some of you that not having a shed decreases buyer interest or does it not matter at all?

If it’s a good idea to sell it, how much have some of you spent building a new shed or buying a used one when needed?

Should I just keep it and let him know that I’m not interested in selling?

If it’s a good idea to sell, what are your experiences with pricing on a used 10x8 shed?

Re: Storage Sheds - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on May 02, 2007 at 21:49:31:

I sell new ones … this may help abit… this 8x10 delivered I sell for $1495.00 plus tax… so there is something to go by for an idea…
if oyu need any other prices on others, my website is… www.myportablebuilding.com
click on pricing

Re: Storage Sheds - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 01, 2007 at 19:07:26:

I’d sell it & then ask the new MH buyer if he needs a shed. If so, I’d offer him a brand-new one on a rent or rent-to-own basis.

Tye

Re: Storage Sheds - Posted by Nathan-WA

Posted by Nathan-WA on May 01, 2007 at 17:32:09:

ok, lets see if I understand this right, you found someone who wants to give you money for something that you tried to throw away, and you aren’t sure whether to take the money or not?

As for how to value it, I have no idea what it’s “worth” but my approach would probably be to ask what he thinks is a reasonable price for it, add 20%, and let him talk you down to his figure plus 10% or so

otherwise, you could put more time & effort into it and try to find out what it would cost to have someone build a 10x8, what it would cost to buy one from Home-Depot, &/or what it would cost to rent one (a comparable sized shed rents for around $90/m where I am, going by the one I drive by occasionally)

Why didn’t I think of that? - Posted by Mr. H (IN)

Posted by Mr. H (IN) on May 01, 2007 at 20:41:58:

Seems to me I participated in a conversation last August about this idea. Apparently it didn’t stick. Thanks for jogging my memory Tye.

Well, now that you put it that way… - Posted by Mr. H (IN)

Posted by Mr. H (IN) on May 01, 2007 at 20:34:36:

I wonder why I even thought twice about it. I guess once it was there, I decided it may be a good selling point. But after looking at it again today, it’s really too big for the lot, not placed in a good spot and is unsightly. I’ll negotiate a price.

will you be at boot camp? - Posted by Lin (NC)

Posted by Lin (NC) on May 03, 2007 at 06:55:17:

I hope to see you again in Asheville this summer. I promise I’ll have someone else to cook the burgers!

Lin