Strange year or something else?...Hmmmmm - Posted by BrokerScott (Mich)

Posted by BrokerScott (Mich) on July 30, 2003 at 17:33:43:

Yeah I do that too and hasn’t seemed made differance. When they have kids I invite them to my place so my daughter can keep their kids occupied during business. Maybe its my breath lol.

Strange year or something else?..Hmmmmm - Posted by BrokerScott (Mich)

Posted by BrokerScott (Mich) on July 30, 2003 at 13:21:44:

Use mostly newspaper ads to attract sellers. Tried bandit signs previously but got no response. Strange thing happening this year is the number of no shows. Understand please that They-Call-Me-First. I don’t call them. So I look at the place if it sounds interesting, and if so, set up a appointment for them to come over and let me present an offer, and they don’t show up. Never happened before this year. Maybe 1 or 2 all year but so far this year its like 1 out of EVERY 2. thoughts? Thanks Scott

Re: Strange year or something else?..Hmmmmm - Posted by Jerry Martin NC

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on July 31, 2003 at 07:08:17:

I take my laptop and printer with me and if I want to make an offer I print it out right on their kitchen table. If I am there in the AM I give them till 5:00 PM. You’d be supprised how many figure a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Re: Strange year or something else?..Hmmmmm - Posted by Todd-ID

Posted by Todd-ID on July 30, 2003 at 14:57:30:

Scott,
I think it is best to meet them at the their house. Present your offer at that time, on the spot. I have never been no-showed at a sellers home.