Subject 2 & My Attorney - Posted by GCurtis(VA)

Posted by Darren on August 28, 2003 at 16:57:14:

That was good, despite the blatant crimes against English grammar!

Subject 2 & My Attorney - Posted by GCurtis(VA)

Posted by GCurtis(VA) on August 28, 2003 at 12:36:33:

I just completed my first ?Subject to? closing with my attorney today using a land trust agreement. Everything went as expected until I noticed he gave himself Limited Power of Attorney for the property I acquired. I don?t know if this is a big deal or not being that I will use him again to close when I sell the property. I did not authorize this but would like some insight on whether or not I should have him change this to make me the POA.

Re: Subject 2 & My Attorney - Posted by Rick(MD)

Posted by Rick(MD) on August 28, 2003 at 13:52:11:

GCurtis,

If you didn’t understand the reason for the limited Power of Attorney you should have asked for an explanation there and then.

Anyway, it is done routinely as a matter of convenience. That way the attorney can correct minor mistakes on the closing documents if necessary, without dragging all the parties in for something like an initial here or there.

Re: Subject 2 & My Attorney - Posted by GCurtis(VA)

Posted by GCurtis(VA) on August 28, 2003 at 14:36:39:

Thank you for responding Rick but please point out in my original post where is says I didn’t understand the reason for a Limited Power of Attorney.

I understand your post but it can be read as though you are trying to come across as a smarta*s with your first line. People learn from mistakes.

GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY !!??! - Posted by Stopit

Posted by Stopit on August 28, 2003 at 16:45:24:

GCurtis,

I think what you have done is really outrageous Ricky was simply tryingto help you. I read his statment and there is nothing in it that should warrant your perjotative interpretatiin of it.

Please do not introduce this crappy attitude of yours n this board becaus it will only have a chilling effect on the free, and open exchange of ideas and thoughts that we have been blessed with on this board.

I suggest you apologoize to Rick. He had no obligation explaining Jack to you. He did this simply to help. So you should be thankful. OK. It is also funny that you had no b@*llz big enough to confront you attorney, but here you are sliming little Ricky over here.

Please dont do this here OK.

You are welcome! - Posted by Rick(MD)

Posted by Rick(MD) on August 28, 2003 at 15:45:52:

“Smarta*ss”??

Who, Me??

Re: GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY !!??! - Posted by Rob Ricker

Posted by Rob Ricker on August 28, 2003 at 23:03:37:

It looked like Rick was being a little bit of a smart alleck to me, then GCurtis got smart. I guess you didn’t see it, but I’m just stating the obvious. The moral of the story is treat others like you want to be treated.