subject-to - Posted by bill

Posted by Jasonrei on July 04, 2002 at 16:30:13:

Make sure he is the only owner of the property. Have him sign a general warranty deed giving you his interest in the property. Have it notarized and recorded with the county clerk. Now it’s yours. Keep in mind the lender probably will have the right to accelerate the payments, though. That’s how I do it here in Texas. Another option is to use a trust, but someone else will have to explain that here.

subject-to - Posted by bill

Posted by bill on July 04, 2002 at 08:46:01:

Hi there,

I am new at this, so if anyone can walk me through it I would appreciate it. I put an ad in the paper that we buy houses and got a guy who wants out of his house 3b,3bth owned it only 3 years. Is willing to let us take over payments subject-to. Now that he agreed what do we do??? Quit claim the deed and start making his payments??? Any help is appreciated