Summary of Hassles and my humor! - Posted by Philip

Posted by philip on July 26, 2003 at 23:55:02:

It has a tiny little pinstripe! Not an entire striped truck!
I was just poking fun at all the 29 documents to sign, but misspelling in the covenants!
Thanks,
Philip

Summary of Hassles and my humor! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on July 26, 2003 at 15:27:18:

During this latest purchase I had the following hassles:

Adjacent investor repeatedly trying to scare me off, or force me to make road improvements or he would bid me up.(How did he find out who I was?)

Realtors continuing to show property after it was “under contract”.

My realtor sending the title work to 2 title companies and telling my bank differently than where she finally ended up.

Realtor not releasing title work to bank…the bank was not the hold up this time…it was the realty broker.

During close broker decides “lets double check and make sure you are getting 4 acres”…and my agent going white in the face and hyperventilating…and me saying, “if it’s not 4 acres I’m not interested and please just shred all these useless pieces of scrap paper.”(Unless of course it was more acreage)

Man I hired to cut brush goes and does the work before the date I told him I would close.

3 different, and later, closing dates are given to me and the bank.

And then to top it all off…I was reading the sellers covenants(which I had allready read) and it said…“no striped cars”…where I guess it meant “no stripped cars”…and there is a stripe on my truck, so I guess I can’t drive down that road!!!(Ha! and ha!)

I told the broker I could’t close because I couldn’t drive my striped truck down that road…and the title company rep broke in and said…“I’ll run outside and paint over your stripe…now just sign!”.
(I thought I was quite clever, but apparently late Friday closings make everyone unhappy)

Other than that everything was smooth as silk!

Philip

Re: Summary of Hassles and my humor! - Posted by Al (Wi)

Posted by Al (Wi) on July 27, 2003 at 08:25:29:

Funny is funny, but incompetence in your realtor is bad business. The deal could have been killed for a lot of reasons just because paper was sent to the wrong place, or got there too late, or agencies fighting over commissions because they both got the same paperwork.
If my agent ever came close to this level of bad business, they would never again get the chance to put my deal at risk.

Re: Summary of Hassles and my humor! - Posted by Dave Starr (CO)

Posted by Dave Starr (CO) on July 26, 2003 at 18:16:02:

Great story Philip. Almost every deal has its frustrations. They are unbavaoidable, and what separates the deal makers from the also-rans is perseverance and a sense of humor. Thanks for sharing and all the best in this and future deals. But OMG, a striped truck? Better see Maaco LoL

Re: Summary of Hassles and my humor! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on July 27, 2003 at 11:02:55:

It was the broker, more than the agent. The agent basiclly just led me to the property.
The broker messed up all the title work, and she even admitted it.

I may give the agent another chance…but I have an older rich man here in town, who I have dealt with most the time. An old, rich realtor who gives out free advice, pays attention to detail…etc.
Only problem is he is very NOT motivated and whatever comes his way…just comes his way…he only works however much he wants.

Thanks,
Philip