Survey on REI website - feedback appreciated - Posted by Vin Maiello

Posted by Tim Babb on March 23, 2006 at 08:06:46:

if you provide a turn key solution for that price there may be a market. What would really help in my mind is a catchy domain name, then offering subdomains from that. For example if you had homebuyer.com (I know it is already used) you could sell florida.homebuyer.com, or even by county like pinellas.homebuyer.com

Just an idea

Tim

Survey on REI website - feedback appreciated - Posted by Vin Maiello

Posted by Vin Maiello on March 22, 2006 at 13:17:27:

I hope this is not deemed an advertisement or a solicitation. I am not looking for clients, just feedback before I launch into a new venture. I used an email from one of my non-real estate companies to discourage direct traffic to my REI site.

I own a new (struggling) diversified holding company just starting out in real estate investments and web-based property listing (non real estate).

Once I add a few properties to my portfolio, I plan on using my web skills to create a selling site for my properties.

The thought crossed my mind: If I plan on setting up a site for my properties, would other investors be interested in getting one of their own. It can be used to market your properties for sale or rental.

If you could reply to this posting with feedback, I would appreciate it, and maybe it will keep me from spinning my wheels. If the feedback is positive, I will launch the site and advertise it here on CREOnline.

Please reply and let me know if you think it is a good idea, and if so, how much would you be willing pay for a fully functional real estate website with complete “pro” functionality (browse, search, sort, inquiry…) and hosting.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Vin Maiello

Re: Survey on REI website - feedback appreciated - Posted by Tim Babb

Posted by Tim Babb on March 22, 2006 at 17:33:38:

There may be a lot of competition there, for example you can load up php-nuke and there are dozens of real estate add ons and templates. I think it would be difficult to make it profitable, your REI would be a better use of time.

Tim

Re: Survey on REI website - feedback appreciated - Posted by Vin

Posted by Vin on March 22, 2006 at 22:32:08:

Thanks, Tim. I’ve been putting more and more thought into it. For the web/tech minded, I agree with you, but for those who just want to get their properties listed, I think maybe. One more piece of info I have worked through. I think I can give people a turn key, fully hosted RE site for around $20 - $25 a month with 50-100MB of space + email and what not. Point is, as a REI with a tech background, I think it can be useful and affordable to my felloe REIs. If not, I can use the time like you said. Any follow up feedback is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Vin