??System Certification Required - Posted by BR2

Posted by David Krulac on February 18, 2001 at 18:54:57:

almost all HUD houses have the utilities turned off. To check the plumbing, heating and electric systems, you need the utilities turned on. I have heard that some prospective buyers do this but I haven’t. I look with a powerful flashlight at everything and if there is any suspect components I assume the worse. In the winter climates the HUD repos are almost always vacant for at least 1 winter. It just how long the foreclosure process takes and HUD doesn’t do anything to speed it up and often times goes the other way. But freeze damage is an issue and I have seen busted boilers, broken baseboard cast iron heaters and cracked radiators. You can often see this type of damage without turning on the utilities. Good luck and be cautious.

??System Certification Required - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on February 18, 2001 at 17:48:02:

Ran across a HUD home that’s listed with ‘system certification required’ at purchaser’s expense. Could someone tell me what this is and approximately how much this would cost?

I’ll be going thru the home tomorrow. What should I look for relating to the system requirement?

Thanks.

Thanks David! (nt) - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on February 21, 2001 at 10:17:46: