Taking a brief break from posting.... - Posted by Matt B

Posted by JohnBoy on January 16, 2001 at 10:28:34:

EXACTLY!

Taking a brief break from posting… - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on January 16, 2001 at 09:02:20:

As I hoped would not happen, my soon-to-be ex-wife seems to have been following my posts on this board and is suing me again for some piece of the money that I’ve been making. While I intend to handle this as best as I can, I won’t be posting any more details about the deals that I am doing. This certainly won’t be stopping me from doing deals or meeting my 10 deal goal by convention time, but obviously, I need to keep things a bit more low key.

I will be happy to share the details of the deals that I am working with everyone at the convention, but for now, have to keep them to myself. My main concern is that she may try to have liens attached to these properties. I have taken some legal steps to prevent this from happening, so I should be OK for now.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to talk to me or discuss real estate in general, feel free to e-mail me.

Re: Taking a brief break from posting… - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on January 16, 2001 at 20:50:30:

Best of Luck Matt. I think David may be on to something there.

Re: Taking a brief break from posting… - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 16, 2001 at 17:44:52:

Matt,
Sorry to hear about the online stalking.
I can relate somewhat, since as you know, I just went through the same thing last year.
Just whatever you do, do NOT allow her to stop you from doing deals.
I did that and am now regretting the lost potential income.
I posted on here last year that I was going to stop purchasing, and just wait out the divorce.
I think it was Steve Cook who told me to not do that.
He shared with us here and at the convention that he felt the same way at one point.
He then decided to go ahead and keep investing.
Figuring that if he was to pay his ex-wife, he would make her the richest ex wife ever.
or something like that?!?! (Sorry to misquote Steve, call it paraphrasing instead.)
Anyway, I liked that attitude, and began again.
I have now done several deals since then, and several during the divorce.
I used everything I knew to protect the new assets, but figured IF she found them, then so what!
Half of nothing sure is a lot less than half of what I was making.

Get my point?

And if you feel the need to talk REI, you know me, I’ll ramble for hours on it.
Feel free to e-mail or call.
or
Post here as someone else.
Take care my friend, and do not let her get you down!

Jim IL

Re: Taking a brief break from posting… - Posted by Kate (VA)

Posted by Kate (VA) on January 16, 2001 at 15:11:23:

Matt,

I just wanted to say that I am sorry your wife is trying her best to bring you down. I really admire your determination to keep your life and your business moving forward.

Best of luck,
Kate

The theme of JAWS (stalking… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 16, 2001 at 09:43:12:

…his prey) just played thru my mind! “IS IT SAFE TO GO INTO THE WATER???”

Man! Tuff break, Matt. That stinks. You’re not safe ANYWHERE—by the sound of it.

(Use an alias to post.) :-))

Easy way to handle… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 16, 2001 at 09:35:07:

that…

Don’t own anything… Just control it all.

David Alexander

…and if the ex happens to hook up - Posted by SusanL–FL

Posted by SusanL–FL on January 17, 2001 at 11:12:48:

…w/a greedy NEW spouse…LOOK OUT!

I remember my husband ‘dressing down’ each week when he delivered his child support payments to his ex. He explained that his ex was ALWAYS ‘scoping’ everything out! Unfortunately, he made the (D-U-M-B!!!) mistake of paying her in CASH each week!!! [I still can’t believe it myself…] (At least I was a witness when the greedy new spouse and ex took him to court for supposed “unpaid” BACK child support…but he STILL wound up having to pay most of it all OVER again.)

I sympathize with Matt. I’d heard FAR too many stories over the years about evil ex spouses…

C-ya!

Susan

My quote was… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 16, 2001 at 20:12:47:

“my goal is to make my ex-wife a millionaire, if she gets that much out of me, how much do you think I’ll have?”

I’m glad you remembered that Jim. I was reading Matt’s post and the past came back to me. I was ready to throw in the towel, then I decided that I wan’t going to let anyone get in my way. I haven’t stopped sicne the moment I decided that.

Happy Investing!

Steve

Sounds like PacTrust Time!!! (nt) - Posted by Dawn

Posted by Dawn on January 16, 2001 at 13:54:04:

No Text