Taking a vote - Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Posted by Mark-NC on November 04, 2000 at 19:51:43:

NT

Taking a vote - Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az) on November 04, 2000 at 18:16:17:

This site receives its share of idiots who are distracting and annoying to everyone. I believe we need to have the owners of this site look into implementing the “PASSWORD” format to post here.

Let’s take a vote:

We Need The Password Format

We Don’t Need The Password Format.

Thanx

Vote to keep it open - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 06, 2000 at 20:58:25:

Jim,

Good idea. But I can tell you from experience that when passwords are required, some folks (espcially the newbies) will shy away either from intimidation, or because they think they’re going to be hit up for money, or because they can never remember their password.

Personally, I find that the Vaughns do a remarkable job in keeping the site pretty much trash free…although when a site gets this big, the wing uts and gumballs will gravitate to it no matter what you do.

Bill

Re: Taking a vote - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on November 06, 2000 at 20:28:13:

I will agree to stop posting on this board if you stop also.
-fellow idiot

Uh, just a minute here… - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on November 04, 2000 at 22:46:11:

The whole thread is irrelevant, since you aren’t the list owner, it’s not a democracy, and the Vaughans didn’t ask for our opinions on the matter.

But since I’ve gotten this far, I don’t think it would solve much. I have yet to see a message board not afflicted by the occasional juvenile moron, despite passwords, log-ins and various other schemes.

The best way to deal with the jerks is to ignore them and thereby deny them the attention they seek. It takes far less time to just ignore bogus posts than it would to use a password log-in format.

Besides, the Vaughans do a pretty good job of vaporizing the intruders, when they get too obnoxious.

Brian (NY)

I vote no - Posted by Bill Scott

Posted by Bill Scott on November 04, 2000 at 19:27:42:

The reason I vote ‘no’ is that I’ve been on password protected forums and they don’t work. The passwords just don’t keep the jerks off—they always find some way to get around this roadblock. They enter under different names using re-mailers, etc.

Besides, as Jim said, ignore them and they will go away.

I Vote “No” - And Here’s Why… - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on November 04, 2000 at 19:04:46:

“We Don’t Need The Password Format” - And Here’s Why…

WE can simply IGNORE the idiots and they will go away!!

You can not be distracted or annoyed by another unless YOU allow yourself to be.

Just my 2¢

P.S. Besides, sometimes it can be pretty entertaining and amusing to watch the idiots display their idiocy!!

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Nader is a true Patriot (nt) That’s my vote. - Posted by NJDave

Posted by NJDave on November 04, 2000 at 18:42:27:

Yes (nt) - Posted by The Baze

Posted by The Baze on November 04, 2000 at 18:38:44:

Although… - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on November 04, 2000 at 23:04:31:

…as I scroll through the posts from the junior high crowd tonight, it occurs to me that the ability to block posts from certain IP addresses might be helpful…unless the kiddies are using dynamic IPs.

Brian

Vote NO! - Posted by Bobby

Posted by Bobby on November 04, 2000 at 20:58:21:

I vote no, as one can only be offended if one allows oneself to be offended.

Hey, I hope I am not one of those idiots this question is refering to.

Bobby