Talking to PM - Posted by Eric(IL)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on January 31, 2002 at 06:32:33:

Eric,

Hi, IMHO definetly don’t overdress this will only cause you to look like some slick wille salesman. You want to portray the image of a hard workin man. I have always heard even for job interviews dress like the job you want. You want the Park Mananger to see you are a NEAT and well groomed re-modeling contractor. I would also tactfully work this in to conversation. Good Luck! Take Care ScottS(NC)

Talking to PM - Posted by Eric(IL)

Posted by Eric(IL) on January 30, 2002 at 22:57:08:

I’ve ordered DOW and the other last week however before buying them I have bought one 14x70 not in a conventional park and am about to buy another in another park that requires application and approval. I am going tomorrow to talk to the park manager. I’ve read many of the posts on what to say to them and know what I want to say and have some business cards made up. I am a remodeling contractor and wanted to know if it is better to see the PM in my best dress or would jeans be ok and see him as a carpenter looking to buy and sell. I know this may be quite trivial but it is a good park and I would hate to make a mistake because I have a good deal with minimal work.
Thanks for your input.
Eric (IL)