Tax Leins - Oregon - Posted by Christie

Posted by Linda Simms on September 29, 2003 at 20:51:31:

You are probably going to hear about books and courses and coaching on purchasing tax certificates and tax deeds for considerable amounts of money. Just check with the County Treasurer’s Department at the county offices of the county in Oregon in which you are interested. They will probably be happy to give you all the information you want free.

Tax Leins - Oregon - Posted by Christie

Posted by Christie on September 29, 2003 at 15:32:30:

Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of how tax leins work in Oregon? From the article on the site, it would appear to be a good opportunity for investors, but I like to check out all the angles. Also, do you know where to find out about them?

Thanks

Chrsitie

Re: Tax Leins - Oregon - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 29, 2003 at 20:55:47:

Christie–(OR)------------------

I grew up mainly in Oregon, from age 5 to 21. Still have a soft spot in my heart for it. I moved to California long ago and eventulally got the moss combed out of my hair.

I’ve attended a couple of tax sales in OR.

There are no tax liens in OR. When property taxes are delinquent the counties deed the property over to themselves, then a year or more later they have a public tax auction, whereby one can buy the property and get a deed soon.

OR is the only state which has financing on tax deed purchases. All other states, as far as I can tell, require payment right away or within a few days. However, in OR the state will carry a contract of deed for you, to be paid off over up to 20 years, if I recall correctly, depending upon the purchase price of the property.

Check online sites of treasurers or tax collectors in OR. Some will have some good information for you. Also, read the state statutes on the collection of delinquent property taxes.

Good InvestingRon Starr****