Tax sales in PA - how to finance? - Posted by Carlos Ruano

Posted by Tom-Pa on September 02, 2003 at 19:20:03:

Don’t get to excited about this tax sale. Any and all mortgages go with the sale. Most people will make payments on these properties before the sale. You may find a good one now and than but you will spend alot of time on this sale. What part of Pa are you from? I may be able to help you some.

Tax sales in PA - how to finance? - Posted by Carlos Ruano

Posted by Carlos Ruano on September 02, 2003 at 09:14:35:

I’m becoming very interested in buying properties at tax sales here in my home state of PA. I recently found a list of all properties that are delinquent in paying their taxes and I see many potential great deals. I’m looking for anyone who has knowledge in this arena (especially in my state) and who would like to help a newby out with some advice. I’ve already been recommended a book/course that I will look into and probably purchase (John Beck’s guide to real estate taxes).

Does anyone finance these properties? Banks? Hard Money??? How does this usually work? I showed the list of properties that I had to my wife and she got really excited. She wants to make this work too. We drove around all weekend looking at different houses that we found on the list - many looked trashy, but there were quite a few that were very nice. Please help out a newbie!

Carlos Ruano