Tennant Dilema - Posted by Trace

Posted by SandraS(NC) on March 06, 2002 at 15:47:39:

Trace,
You still need to go through the steps Scott described. As he told you, the guy may not even know she has ask you to do this. After runing her credit, employment etc, if you find she can’t afford to purchase you have several options. If she doesn’t have a down payment, and wants to continue renting, you have a renter (with all the headaches that come along with it) or you can give her a notice and let you know you’re not interested in renting and want to find a buyer. You could possible offer her a lease/option giving her more time to come up with a down payment.
HTH Sandra

Tennant Dilema - Posted by Trace

Posted by Trace on March 05, 2002 at 18:06:58:

Recieved a call today From one of my tennants, they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Their fighting and she is trying to kick him out. He has moved some stuff out. She wants me to take his name off of the lease (both their names are on it) can i do this? or does he have to contact me and say so himself? Or is there a different route i should go? any and all help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Also posted on the legal page.

Re: Tennant Dilema - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on March 06, 2002 at 07:17:09:

Trace,

I assume when you say “Lease” you are refering to a rental agreement. If that is the case what I do is make her resubmit a credit and employment verification form so I can re-evaluate her abilitys to make the payments with only her income. Also call and make sure he is moving out and tell him you are removing him from the lease. Half the time they are back together before you finish the paper work. Also charge her a fee of $20-50 for this to discourage constant abuse of your time in this way. HTH Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: Tennant Dilema - Posted by Trace

Posted by Trace on March 06, 2002 at 15:18:43:

Thanks Scott, Yes this is a mobile rental. The couple was going to rent for 6 months until they came up with downpayment to buy. Thought it was a good idea, 6 more months of payments to me. Now i doubt she can afford it herself.