Thank You Doug Ottersberg - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by DougO(NM) on January 22, 2000 at 10:53:29:

Thanks Lonnie ! When I think of how much difference you’ve made not only in my life, but in so many others as well, I get one of those “warm fuzzy feelings” And all because you learned to share as a youngin’ !
Thanks again
Doug

Thank You Doug Ottersberg - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 21, 2000 at 16:32:06:

We are priveleged on this site to have someone like yourself who freely gives of his extensive knowledge on the acquisition and management of mobile home communites. Your four articles in the money making ideas section should be required reading by all who aspire to invest in a mobile home community. Thank you once again.

Re: Doug Ottersberg - Posted by Eric Anderson

Posted by Eric Anderson on January 21, 2000 at 19:34:37:

Great job Doug. I was pleased to meet you and Ana in Dallas, at the Creonline workshop in March of last year. I’ve followed, and printed, most of your postings since then. Especially your "Community " articles.

It was one of your previous postings about the parks being full and the mangagers non-cooperative attitude where you lived; that caused me to see the light and move to where the parks are not full, and the mangagers appreciate the business. I remember you quoted one of your mentors (Jimmy Napier) as saying “Your’re not a tree, you don’t have roots, you can move”. That made a lot of sense to me, and so I moved. I now own a park about 45 miles from Jimmy Napiers’ hometown of Chipley, Florida and I hope to meet him someday.

You are rapidly becoming one of the highly appreciated posters on this board, you are joining Jimmy, and Lonnie Scruggs and Ray Alcorn, in sending out good profitable information on mobile homes, and mobile home parks, to those of us who can really use it.

And all this at such a young age too, My “baby boy” is considerably older than you. Regardless, I look up to you, and I respect your advice and your articles. I’m also very pleased to know that you are teaching financial literacy in the schools where it is so needed. Great job, Doug. Keep up the good work.

Eric

That which ye reap shall ye also sew - or what goes around comes around - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on January 21, 2000 at 17:06:04:

Thanks for the thanks, though I don’t want anyone getting the impression I’m some grisseled old sage sitting on top of a doubledecker MH somewhere. There are many folks 'round in this game who are way more experienced than I, and I appreciate all the time they have freely given to me to help me “get it”. (In particular, thanks Ray for the honest feedback)Since it’s been done for me, I am only too happy to share with others what I’ve learned. It’s said we are supposed to learn it, do it, and teach it. Since MH communities by their nature aren’t something that you just go out and “do” every day, I do manage to find some time to help/teach others. The more I teach and help, the better (I hope) I become at my craft. It is the responsibility of all of us to pass on to others (that want to learn it) what we know. This site is an excellent way to do that. Put out good stuff, it’ll come back to ya !
Doug

Re: Doug Ottersberg - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on January 21, 2000 at 23:45:59:

Thanks for the kind words. Call Jimmy’s office at 800-544-4488 and get some info about his March meeting…you might enjoy going up to Gulf Breeze since you are so close. Though not as many as there used to be, there are some good folks that attend that meeting. I am so glad to hear you took the step of moving and bought a community ! I wish you luck and if I can ever help, please let me know.
Doug

Re: Doug Ottersberg - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on January 22, 2000 at 10:38:59:

Hi Doug,

You?ve come a long way since LA. I really admire folks like you and Eric, who have the determination and were willing to make the sacrifices it took in order to reach your goals. You made things happen, instead of making excuses. Congratulations again to the both of you.

Best wishes,

Lonnie