Thank you Lonnie, Jackie, JPiper - Posted by David S

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 19, 1999 at 09:19:28:

Thank you David, I hope everyone reads your post!

Thank you Lonnie, Jackie, JPiper - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on January 18, 1999 at 17:27:19:

Thanks for sharing your time and energy discussing the upcomming CREONLINE convention in Dallas. Your insights are much needed on this site.

I have been around this business for 21 years now. Not all cake and candy, but a wonderful 21 years of education just the same.

I have been dead broke twice in my short life; 1979, 1987. thought I knew everything, Ha! Looking back, I know exactly where I went wrong and the mistakes I have made.

I am a high school dropout. I have no regrets about that, school didn’t offer anything to keep my interest. I did learn that education is of utmost importance IF you are educated in your chosen field. This type education is not always offered at the local school, bookstore or library, but there are options.

Knowledge; what an exciting word! “Acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation”… “the sum of what is known or may be known”… I still get chills when I read and understand the definition.

Networking; one of the strongest methods of education and success I have ever experienced. Also the number one reason for my failure in the late 70’s and mid 80’s. I did NOT have a proper network of key players in place… a mistake I will never make again.

Last year, I “invested” in at least 4 seminars/workshops/conventions offered through this site; Orlando, Virginia, Vegas, St Louis, and 2 others offered by my local REIA, school system, etc.

In Vegas, I met another investor from my area. We have put together deals on 35 mh’s and one park. My investment to go to the Vegas convention was around $1,000. The added value to my financial statement was approx $125,000 PLUS a nice monthly cash flow. I think my return, in Lonnie’s words, was “good enough”…

In Virginia, an idea from a newbie made me at least $25,000 by creating multiple income streams from one property. the list goes on and on.

For those that are interested in building a network and learning everything needed to be one of the best, this convention will be a fantastic bargain. One idea, just ONE, can make you tens of thousands of dollars… my reason for going to so many seminars.

The choice is with you… build your network using some of the most creative minds in this business. Go to the seminars/workshops/conventions and soak up all the information that will be available… or don’t.

My motivation was a rat infested motel. What’s yours?

See you in Dallas.

David S

David, your wisdom is showing - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on January 19, 1999 at 14:41:56:

David,

You possess what others only dream about, the ability to see yourself down the road enjoying your sucess.

Mark R in KCMO