Thanks (and more) - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by SusanL–FL on January 20, 2000 at 10:56:40:

nt

Thanks (and more) - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 15:06:07:

Just a little note to say thank you and God Bless each and every one of you that answered my post concerning your investing history. It helps me and many others, to kind of gauge what to expect in our investing days ahead. Granted it is not a rock solid way to determine your actual results, but it does let you see how some got where they are today and that some made it easier than others. The true acheivers have surfaced and replied in a professional manner and I credit you for that. I just have to ask the ones who replied in such a way as that "You should’nt worry about how we did it; just go out and make a deal; quit wasting your energy on BS! and the host of other odd answers. Do you hope that when your children go to school and they are starting out asking questions of a veteran teacher, that the teacher says the same things you have told us new investors here? Where will they be? How educated will that make them? I would surely not want that of my children! and I am so very thankful that you are not their teachers!. Anyway, I have developed a sense of who I can rely on for good honest down to earth answers concerning this biz by the responses I have received. You have all been a great help and I look forward to communicating with you in the future.

Best of Luck and success to all

Jim LaVerdi (Phoenix Arizona Investor)

Sorry you didn’t get IT - but keep stirring the pot !!! - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on January 19, 2000 at 22:33:08:

I’m really sorry that you didn’t get it.
I guess its more important for you to be right than to be rich.
I’ll say one thing for you - you sure can stir up the pot and create lots of activity. Keep on pluggin’.

Re: Thanks (and more) - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on January 19, 2000 at 20:51:56:

Jim,

I’m sorry to say that, with the information you have been given, there is no lesson.

Unfortunately, the People, Times, and Circumstances differ. That would make it, not
applicable to you. It’s like kissing your sister, there is no future to it.

You see, if you were trying to do a census, it has no value, because of my previous
statement, people, times, and circumstances differ.

Even for me Ed Garcia, I do things differently today, than I did 5 years ago.
I have more experience, and I’m financially more capable than I was then. But the market
was different then, as it will be different tomorrow, as it is today.

Jim, I know your trying to do the best you can to learn this business. If you think by having
this type of information, can give you goals to shoot for, then more power to you.
I’m certainly not trying to burst your bubble.

I just think I would have asked more valuable questions such as, Marketing strategies,
Deal structuring, and Funds availability.

Mean while, don’t forget to say hello to your sister.

(just kidding Jim)
(grin)

Ed Garcia

Re: Thanks (and more) - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on January 19, 2000 at 20:40:52:

Jim,

I’m sorry to say that, with the information you have been given. There is no lesson.

Unfortunately, the People, Times, and Circumstances differ. That would make it, not
applicable to you. It’s like kissing your sister, there is no future to it.

You see, if you were trying to do a senses, it has no value, because of my previous
statement, people, times, and circumstances differ.

Even for me Ed Garcia, I do things differently today, than I did 5 years ago.
I have more experience, and I’m financially more capable than I was then. But the market
was different then, as it will be different tomorrow, as it is today.

Jim, I know your trying to do the best you can to learn this business. If you think by having
this type of information, can give you goals to shoot for, then more power to you.
I’m certainly not trying to burst your bubble.

I just think I would have asked more valuable questions such as, Marketing strategies,
Deal structuring, and Funds availability.

Mean while, don’t forget to say hello to your sister.

(just kidding Jim)
(grin)

Ed Garcia

Re: Thanks (and more) - Posted by Kimberly

Posted by Kimberly on January 19, 2000 at 19:27:13:

Jim,
I am guilty of having one of the “odd” responses to your original post. After some thought and consideration, I agree with you. You were being far from unreasonable with your questions. Please excuse a newbie who is praying to the Gods that my first deal goes through. I wish you lots of luck.

Re: Thanks (and more) - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on January 19, 2000 at 16:41:37:

Well said. One simple question gets so many upset. Some professionals.

education - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne-ND on January 19, 2000 at 15:59:27:

Jim,

As a professional educator, I cannot let this go by without comment. Educators get paid, it is their job to help students learn. But even a paid educator is not going to give much time to a student who comes in and says “I didn’t do my homework, and I didn’t read the book, but I’m going to take up your office hours this week so you can explain to me everything I need to know for the exam.”

The people who post on this board are very generous with their time and expertise. However, they are in no way obligated to respond to any post. Your analogy to sending one’s child to school where they are not taught by their teachers is fatuous. There is much to be learned here if you’d do more reading and less flaming.

Happy investing,
Anne

Re: Thanks (and more) - Posted by ann

Posted by ann on January 19, 2000 at 15:27:28:

YOUR SOOOOO RIGHT!!!

Look forward to reading about your success and you reading about mine!

Much Success!
Fellow Newbie:-)

Re: education - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 18:36:34:

Dear Ann

First off let me say this. “Listen To Me Here” Ms Educator! You need to listen to understand! I did not ask anyone a single question in that post about how to do anything!!! NOT ONE! You …need to read what I am talking about here before you start firing away!!. As a “Professional Educator” your answer is very non conforming to the topic. People that have read the post in question here know that and you just made statements here that make no sense at all. By the way, I read a course and I do my homework. That is not what the post was about at all! Please read the story before writing the essay. (You as a professional educator should know that!)Oh, And by the way please tell me what “FATUOUS” means. Those kind of fancy words are not in my Real Estate Investing Course nor in the Dictionary of Real Estate Terms.

Thanks,

Jim LaVerdi (Phoenix Arizona Investor)

Re: education - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on January 19, 2000 at 16:37:22:

What a bunch of angry, unhappy people.

Lighten up buddy - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 19, 2000 at 21:38:23:

Jim,
Not to sound HARSH or anything, but geez man, lighten up!
If someone posts something, or does not post, let it be. Ranting and raving about it is wasted energy.
You know, I used to be the same way, always flying off at the handle. As an ex-cop and Jail guard, that was my normal “best defense is an offense” attitude.
But, I QUICKLY learned that in order to succeed in REI, (actually in life), letting my anger or temper flare was counter productive.
Instead, take that energy and FOCUS IT on something else.

Now, I am not telling you to NOT post your opinion, you are entitle to do that.
But, think about the time it took to post that response, and the energy expended. What did it do to further your education or carreer in REI?
Come to think of it, no offense, by posting this response, I’m wasting my time and energy too.

So, take it as you may, and best of success in REI,
Jim IL