The Best L/O course for a beginner? - Posted by StAugustineFL

Posted by Lee on February 19, 2002 at 15:20:06:

By “waiver of rights”, are you talking about the tenant trying to make the argument that they have an equitable interest in the property that requires a foreclosure action instead of an eviction?

If so, you might find it helpful to make sure you use separate contracts for the lease and the option to purchase. Do not have any reference to the option to purchase in the lease agreement. In the option agreement, make sure that you have language to the effect that a default under the lease terminates the option as well.

As always, it pays to get a competent attorney to fine tune your contracts at the outset to minimize this risk.

The Best L/O course for a beginner? - Posted by StAugustineFL

Posted by StAugustineFL on February 13, 2002 at 22:16:12:

I am seeking advice/opinions on the best L/O course for someone who is a rookie. I am not looking for advanced techniques nor uncommon scenarios. I just want the basics on common situations and proper marketing techniques to find these properties. It would help if the course included agreements, contracts, marketing ideas, etc. Thank you.

William Bronchick’s L/O Course - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on February 16, 2002 at 15:01:14:

Check out William Bronchick’s Lease/Option course.
It has everything you need to get started, including all the items you mentioned.

Here’s a link to the materials on this website:

http://www.creonline.com/c-122.htm

There are other courses here as well. Just look through the online catalog!

Happy Hunting!

Re: The Best L/O course for a beginner? - Posted by michelle moses

Posted by michelle moses on February 14, 2002 at 10:28:41:

I’m interested in getting into the real estate business
. Becoming an investor to be able to purchase my own rental property.

William Bronchick’s lease issues - Posted by leslie

Posted by leslie on February 17, 2002 at 11:07:42:

Ever tried to evict under the lease? waiver of rights is an issue.