The best way to form a L.L.C. - Posted by Bill

Posted by Frederick Waller¶ on March 13, 2002 at 12:22:13:

I would recommend that if it is just going to be a single member LLC, you are better served with picking up either Bronchick’s course or some other “do-it-yourself” course that instructs you on how to set it up.

Now, if there are partners involved, I would encourage to get a referral from a real estate investor in the area that has a lawyer that is “up” on the benefits of an LLC for a real estate investor. Otherwise, you get an attorney that knows how to establish LLC’s, but, is not very useful at helping you fully maximize the benefits of LLC status as a real estate investor

Fred¶

The best way to form a L.L.C. - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on March 13, 2002 at 09:15:29:

Hello CRE,
I want to form an LLC and need advice. Can you tell me what I should insure a attorney sets up in forming my LLC to become the most bulletproof, most shelth it can be please? I want to minimize my liability and exposure.

What type of attorney should I use: Realestate, Business, or Corporate attorney. Those of you living in Nevada like me who do you reccomend and why. Please include rational so i can get educated on this matter.

Thank you again so much,
Bill
Las Vegas (Green Valley)

Re: The best way to form a L.L.C. - Posted by Kevin King

Posted by Kevin King on March 13, 2002 at 14:30:00:

They are pretty easy to set up as I’ve seen others mention. I did one myself in TN by going to the state website and downloading the paperwork. Here in TN it is $300 and $20 for a name reservation. I’ve set up another one in WI unrelated to my real estate business just recently for $170. You don’t need an attorney to do this. Save your money. That’s my 2 cents.

Re: The best way to form a L.L.C. - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on March 13, 2002 at 12:30:43:

Bill,

I’m certainly not an attorney or an authority on the subject, but I set my own up in DC.

It took about a half an hour and cost $100.

Not really sure how anyone could do it differently, but, like I said, I’m not an authority on the topic.

The DC local government has a “small business resource center” that I went to, typed up the paper work, and handed too them.

-Steve

Re: The best way to form a L.L.C. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on March 13, 2002 at 12:02:46:

I used an attorney to set up my first LLC, and to be honest I guess I chose the wrong one because I think I knew more about LLCs than he did - and he charged me $600.

I now have Bronchick’s LLC course, that and the fact that I already have one setup - my next LLC will be setup by ME!

RL