The MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE TIP!!!!!!!!!!!! - Posted by Al Miller

Posted by Tonya Brown on December 09, 1998 at 13:09:27:

Hi my name is Tonya ,

I like yourselves was in the coporate world as a lobbists yes i made good money. however the minute I my daughter who was one at the time got seriously ill i was fired the following monday. i decided that day to take my life back and use the two businesse my late father left to me onew was carletons Sheets and the other was a warehouse in california full of merchandise I could sell. Now i own three businesse and I am making offers and selling items to people this year i will bein my own house and have a luxury car. i have three children ages 2,1 and five months and I love being able to be with them when I want not when someoneelse says I can… It is a beautiful thing to know that in the future my children will never have to work for ameasly burger flipping company when they can make end like there mommy and daddy. This is the life and i would not have it any other way. hope this inspires someonw Where will you be next year if you don’t try: Whishin you had tried and still slaving for a few measly hundred bucks.!

tonya

The MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE TIP!!! - Posted by Al Miller

Posted by Al Miller on December 08, 1998 at 18:45:23:

Everyones got that great story! Something thats
worked unbelieveably for us. The magic question.
The big insight that allowed us to put togther the
great deal or deals.
Let`s share!!

Re: DO IT NOW - Posted by Roy

Posted by Roy on December 11, 1998 at 05:51:17:

DO IT NOW

Re: The MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE TIP!!! - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on December 09, 1998 at 08:22:27:

The Million Dollar Tip --TAKE ACTION!

Re: The MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE TIP!!! - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on December 08, 1998 at 22:34:42:

I am VERY new to being an REI, but I can tell you that the best tip is “change your attitude”. I bought the Sheets course, read about 20 books, and listened to MANY investors stories. Then I took almost two years of making goals and looking for that “Magic deal” to happen. Guess what?..you can look all day long, but unless you MAKE IT HAPPEN ,it won’t.
I quit my job this last May, after spending my entire adult life doing that job. I knew nothing else, and was afraid to take risks, or create my own success.
Then one day I realized, I am going no where here, and will never go anywhere. Saving for retirement is a joke. So, I quit, and forced myself into doing other things.( you’d be amazed at how well you can support yourself when you have no choice) I set limits though. I said I’d only do work that I enjoyed, and was for me, not someone else. Why work 40-60 hours a week to benefit others. So, I changed my attitude, and increased my goals to realities. I am far from rich in the money dept. but I am wealthy beyond my wildest dreams. I am now running my own companies. One is a P.I. business and the other is the REI biz. I can work any day I want, and have any day off I want. I’m the Boss. Many of the “Big guys” on this site will find this funny maybe, or even small by comparison, but here is what I did with that new ATTITUDE. I quit the job, took my retirement money out early, penalties and all, and bought one REO, for WAY below market price. then I resold it, and took the profits to buy business equipt., a Car, a Harley (always wanted one) and one other smaller income property. Then I took the summer off. I spent it getting to know my family again,Riding my new motorcycle and lounging on a house boat. NOW, I have a fresh look on the world, and am moving FULL STEAM ahead to my REALISTIC real estate goals. I will NEVER again work for someone else.
The bottom line is, if I fail…so what! I tried, and that is more than most can EVER say. I am happy, my family is happy, and I now have FREEDOM! and someday, I’ll have the kind of money I have set out to make.
The deals will happen, because I’m not afraid to hear “NO!”
My pat response now, is, “Okay, thank you, I learned that this technique did not work here, but it may in another deal.”
If someone does the same things over and over again never failing, what have they learned? NADA!, Zippo, zilch!
I’ll take 9 failed negotiations, as long as the other 1 is a success. If I can buy 10% of the properties I look at, I’m doing well.
“You’ll never learn to ride that motorcycle until you get on it and fall a few times.”…my dad when I was 10 years old said that. My father passed this story on as a reminder when I told him I was thinking of quitting my job of many years.

This same principle applies here.
I have now been riding successfully for 21 years, and “yes” I have fallen a few times. But, I can still ride, and get better every day. I sure am glad Dad pushed me in the right direction.
See you in the wind!

Could only narrow to 4 - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 08, 1998 at 20:28:14:

I’d have a hard time identifying just one tip, but on the spur of the moment I have four that jump out.

1- FIND THE DON’T WANTER
The most common thing I see is investors wasting their time with marginal or un-doable deals. Others gripe that properties in their area are selling at 150% of list price for all cash within 15 minutes.

In every market at every time there are deals. They may not be listed - or they may. They may be bank REO’s or FSBO’s. Some of my best deals of all time were deals that sat and sat - no one saw the potential. Some I’ve even gone into kicking and screaming because I didn’t see the potential at first.

If you don’t have more deals than you know what to do with right now, then there is the problem. Learn how to find the deals.

2- LEARN HOW TO STRUCTURE DEALS
This goes hand in had with the first. The best deals are the ones that only you know how to structure or put together. Great deals sometimes just have a little clue here or there that tips you off - IF you know what to do with it. Learn every technique for finding, financing and structuring deals possible. Let everyone else fight for the easy to find marginal profit deals. Find those that are highly profitable that take creativity and expertise to put together. The nice news is you can create both easily.

3- MAKE YOUR PROFIT GOING IN
“Don’t wait to buy real estate - buy real estate and wait”. GAG ME. Life’s too short to be buying deals hoping for an increase in values or putting up with 30 years of brain damage from tenants for a property to be paid off.

Find an incredible deal. Use your expertise and creativity to make a profit, put cash in your pocket (or cash flow) and let someone else deal with the long term problems. It isn’t all that much more work to make 30-40K in profit, in cash, in your pocket when you buy the deal. Get paid to buy real estate (or paper - all these principles apply there also).

4- DEVELOP YOUR RESOURCES
You can do super deals when you have a super team and resources. You need a good title company, escrow company or closing attorney. You need a good mortgage broker. A good real estate agent (or whole brokerage - if you want to do this big time) can be worth their weight in gold.

Read “The Art of the Deal”. Trump with all his savvy and knowledge and wisdom shares that having the right team is one of his greatest resources.

There’s another team too. The emotional support team. What Napolean Hill terms a “Mastermind Group”. After studying successful people for his whole life, he made a statement as bold as saying that he had never met a successful man that didn’t have some form of “Mastermind Group”.

Your greatest resource is you.

YOU WILL MAKE EVERY PENNY YOU FEEL YOU DESERVE. You have what you have created in life. You earn what you want. Change that and your life changes. It may be deep rooted, but it rules you. The people and deals you attract and the so called bad or good luck you have are a result. It’s deep inner programming that can be changed - and must.

Don’t hesitate a second in self improvement. Sorry but it isn’t about goals. The way most people hold and apply goal setting is self defeating and useless. Goals are worthless. Intention is priceless. Intention comes from inside and drives you. Goals come from your head and are only the tip of an iceberg.

Find the self development seminar or personal training that will break you out of your cycles, limiting beliefs and emotional blocks. There are many available. Change that and your income will skyrocket. Knowledge of real estate is not the key to success, yet it is a valuable tool for successful investors. You won’t find that success in most seminars or coaching programs. They may help, but that isn’t the key.

Re: The MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE TIP!!! - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 09, 1998 at 19:50:51:

Very inspirational. Thank you. I will be buying my first REAL home next year and after that I am seriously looking at leaving my JOB to do REI full time.

I can’t give just one tip, so here are four:

Educate yourself, believe in yourself, find your niche, and work your tail off.

Re: Let’s all quit our “jobs” in '99 - Posted by Mike M. (OH)

Posted by Mike M. (OH) on December 09, 1998 at 11:52:30:

I have comtemplated doing almost EXACTLY what you did.

I have a few bucks in my 401k, and could quit my corporate job and have enough money to get me through a few months, but that’s about it. I’ve done all the reading and studying for the last 2-3 years, and still haven’t done a deal yet, but I HAVE recently starting looking at properties, mainly because my lease is up Feb 1, and I need a house with some room to live.

I would hate to pay all that money to the IRS for taking my 401k out, and I can’t afford to lose health insurance for myself and child right now.

But I can’t afford to live on a corporate salary either. I refuse to work for 35+ more years to save enough money to retire. Talk about a waste of time!

So I’m searching for properties like a madman, and as soon as I flip a few and make some cash, I’m out of the corporate world, and into REI full time, and that is my New Years Resolution!

Anyone care to join me?

Mike M.

Cincinnati, OH

Re: The MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE TIP!!! - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on December 09, 1998 at 01:24:33:

I’ll tell you what, buddy, you are right on the money. It is so inspiring to read the thoughts of another person that has the same thoughts I do. I am right on the edge of getting out of the corporate world and into my own. I just went back to work a year ago in January, and I have literally watched it steal away all the things that make me truly happy. Working for someone else is not where it is at, that’s for sure. I think that’s why we’re all at this website (which, by the way is the coolest thing I’ve found!) Keep up the good attitude and I’ll be meeting you two in the wind!