The Secret To How "Anyone" (even a loser like you) Can Make $20,000 A Month! Exposed! - Posted by Ben (IN)

Posted by Brad on June 20, 1999 at 17:51:11:

I am listening to a tape called paper magic. I had it sent to me after registering for a boot camp that I am going to in MA this coming weekend. (Actually, my mother purchased the boot camp, and originally went, but can take someone with her when she goes again for free, so I am going) I do not know if Ron has a paper set, but I do know he has a boot camp for it. I think I am going. Will let you know Next monday if he has a course on it though.
Brad

The Secret To How “Anyone” (even a loser like you) Can Make $20,000 A Month! Exposed! - Posted by Ben (IN)

Posted by Ben (IN) on June 20, 1999 at 10:29:17:

Here it is! The “secret” we’ve all been looking for!

I was answering a post on NGII on the big Sheets/Whitney quandry, having one of those Tony Robbins moments (why “do” some people succeed when …) while reading when it hit me.

This is the acres of diamonds story. The story Earl Nightingale tells about a poor farmer, who, fed up one day with his lot in life, sells his farm and then leaves to seek his fortune somewhere else. About a year later, the man who bought the farm was crossing the stream that ran through it and noticed a little flash of light. He reached under the water and pulled up this rock the size of a large potato. He liked how it shone so he took it home and put it on his mantel above the fireplace. Weeks later a friend of his visited. When the farmers friend saw the rock, he picked it up, examined it, and looked back at the farmer in mute amazement. “Where did you get this?” he asked. “Oh, down in my stream. Its pretty isn’t it? There’s plenty more down there where that one came from.” The farmer’s friend informed it was a diamond. In fact it was the biggest diamond that had been found to date.

So the farmer became a diamond miner and founded one of the most productive diamond mines in South African history. The poor farmer who sold the farm years before, went through his money and was soon broke again. He never did find his fortune, and died broke.

Kind of like what happens here every day.

There is this ongoing discussion on NGII with people fretting over which multi thousand dollar “Boot Camp” is going to be the “one” that really “works” and will give you what you “need” to get going making the big bucks (to make you a “millionaire”, like big Russ!)

Where, right in front you, where you log on and visit Every Day, is the information, coaching, and back up support that, if used, will make you tens of thousand each month. And the quality of which, puts the high priced Boot Camps to shame.

What happens when you use it. I think Steve Cooke is a shining example of that. But there are plenty of others too.

The truth is a tough cookie isn’t it. Its always “easier” to put it off and look at something that is over the horizon as “the answer”, than take advantage of what’s right in front of you, and “yours”. That’s what keeps Whitney, Legrand, and Sheets in business. The greener pasture syndrome.

Don’t be like the poor farmer, who sells himself out for a fallacy. Take advantage of the “acres of diamonds” that are ‘yours’, today and every day. Right Here, Right Now.

Ben Innes-Ker

P.S. I have a little cookie cutter system that pumps out as many or as few deals as I want to do each month. No money needed from me to buy, healthy cash profits from each deal. Without CREOL, there is just no “way” I would have been able to come up with the ideas and resources to put it together on my own. The NG, the Chat Rooms, the articles are a roiling “wellspring” of tension, contribution, ideas, and experience, that is hard to put a price on. I owe a good deal of what I have now to what I get from this site. JP & Terry have my deepest gratitude. Whovever you are reading this, get off you flabby backside and do something with the diamond mine you have here, so they can have your deepest gratitude too.

Activity = Productivity - Posted by Carmen

Posted by Carmen on June 21, 1999 at 12:44:28:

The obvious answer is - it doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you do SOMETHING!

You don’t need to buy a course, but they sure save time. If you want to buy a course, and actually take it off the shelf and use its methods, great. However, if you’re a free spirit and want to do it all yourself, that’s great too - as long as you get moving! Eventually, whether you start on your own or follow someone else’s “cookie cutter” methods, you will make mistakes and learn from them; you will change and adapt everything you read and see anyways to fit your market, your lifestyle, etc. The key is to try SOMETHING - anything is better than nothing! And eventually you will find the way that works best for you.

I chose to do it both ways - I am doing it “my way”, but I sure am benefitting from the experience of those that came before! I’ve learned about things I didn’t even know I didn’t know about! Everything I read, see, hear, or do in REI gets sifted, filed and is made available for later use, when my needs, goals and/or situation changes - including every article ever posted on CRE, and any thread that catches my interest.

Re: The Secret To How “Anyone” (even a loser like you) Can Make $20,000 A Month! Exposed! - Posted by Adam

Posted by Adam on June 21, 1999 at 11:29:20:

PRESS ON
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not;Nothing is more common than unsuccessul
men with talent.Genius will not;Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Eucation alone will not;The world is full of educated derilicts.Persistence and determination alone are
Omnipotent
…Compliments of Joe Cossman

Re: I just can’t resist this - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on June 20, 1999 at 18:49:31:

Thank you Ben for your post. It is very good advise. Too many neg vibes out their. And that after all that is their only problem. That and the excuses they can think up. I too have paid a tidy sum of money for RE courses and they did help get me started but its right here that you will learn the most. For those of you who prefer to sit on your rears thanks; for leaving the money for all of us.

Glad to see you back! - Posted by Dan (NC)

Posted by Dan (NC) on June 20, 1999 at 18:22:57:

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Re: The Secret To How “Anyone” (even a loser like you) Can Make $20,000 A Month! Exposed! - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 20, 1999 at 12:00:43:

Ben:

Not only did I love your story, but the way you articulated it, as well
as your message.

But there is one big difference, what happened to the two farmers was
by chance.

Here, we can forge out our destiny. We can learn information that no
one can take from us.

The story that best suites this site, is the story of the fisherman.

You can give a man a fish, and feed him for a day.

You can teach a man to fish, and feed him for a life time.

But using your analogy, one thing is for sure, this forum can either be a
diamond or a rock, the value would be determined by the finder.

Ed Garcia

You may want to polish your approach - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on June 20, 1999 at 11:48:40:

While I agree that sometimes people don;t even act upen the information that they have right in front of them, I do not agree that people like Ron LeGrande (whom I the loser newbie who just made 25k this month have studied) are not valuable and should not have money spent on thier ideas that have been very well put together. In fact, I am listening to a tape on paper magic right now as I type that is unbelievable. You will never make as much money in fixing and retailing or wholesaling as you would in paper. So, maybe before you tell people that your way is best, you could look into the courses by Ron LeGrande. If it wasn’t for him, I would still be chasing a dream at Primerica (a multi level firm of Citygroup) and getting nowhere. I have made my investment several times over in a VERY short time. Like I said, I would have never known, if I hadn’t attended a 1 day back in Louisville KY. I also have a hard time believing that I could have gotten as much info from this site in the period that I got it from the courses. Not because it is not here, but because I have to look at something over and over sometimes before I get it. I can’t LISTEN to a tape anywhere I go. I can’t read my monitor and drive. I don’t have to listen to people with narrow views on real estate (hey all of us do that at one time or other when we are in the zone and like what we are into at the moment) So say what you like about the courses, all I know is, how much money would I have lost if I had not known what to do this month, and had to try and compile it all by myself, for myself? Just my view. Everybody’s got one.
Brad

Re: The Secret To How “Anyone” (even a loser like you) Can Make $20,000 A Month! Exposed! - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on June 20, 1999 at 13:53:52:

Very well put Ed. I think I might have let the title get in the way of the message earlier, and after reading what I wrote, I kind of regret the way that I said some of the things that I did. Maybe I could have been a little more “polished on my approach”. But you said exactly what I was origianlly trying to. Great cooments.
Brad

Fisherman Story - Posted by Tyler

Posted by Tyler on June 20, 1999 at 13:39:02:

Ed,

Funny that you mentioned that story. It was just yesterday that I said those exact words to one of my close friends in regards to this same issue. He wanted me to tell him exactly “what to do to be successful in RE”.

Knowlege…is power.

NT

Then again, I may not. - Posted by Ben (IN)

Posted by Ben (IN) on June 20, 1999 at 17:18:06:

Brad,

I love Ron. His informations great.But just about everything you learn on his courses, is right here on this site. If dumping $5K on materials and boot camps makes you feel like you are getting something, go do it. But its all right here, free, if you want it.

Ben

Re: You may want to polish your approach - Posted by Rza

Posted by Rza on June 20, 1999 at 16:54:58:

Brad says—> “In fact, I am listening to a tape on paper magic right now as I type that is unbelievable. You will never make as much money in fixing and retailing or wholesaling as you would in paper.”

Me: Paper IS amazing eh Brad…I have been looking to get started learning about Paper, JP has recommended Terry’s: Paper into Gold course for newbies…and then later on: J.Behele’s courses. BTW: What’s the name of the tape your listening to?..sounds enchanting.

Can you help a fellow newbie Paper investor out?
Any tips/suggestions in getting started??
Courses/books to get?

Thank you…

R