This Hide and Seek Game... - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by chris on March 14, 2000 at 16:43:04:

Nell-

Even if everybody knows your business you still have the corporate peotection if any of those nice folks decide to sue or take other action against the owner of the properties-your corporation(s). Bill Bronchick has some good information on running a corporation correctly so that you are also protected against claims by others that the corporation is just a shell for you to hide behind.

This Hide and Seek Game… - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by NB(ID) on March 14, 2000 at 14:11:42:

I’m working an area that has 3 towns of approximately 3,000, 800, and 700 people. Everyone knows everyone’s business!!!
Therefore, I see no reason to become a corporation or do any of those evasive things I see talked about on this site. What suggestions do you have to protect me from those who would sue me?

Thanx a bunch–Angels on your body:)

All The More Reason Part 2 - Posted by tb

Posted by tb on March 14, 2000 at 19:12:17:

When it comes to land ownership in small towns I like to quote one of my favorite lawyers who says, “Get that property out of your name!”

Land Trusts will give you privacy in land ownership and that is no one`s business but yours!

Good luck. tb

Re: This Hide and Seek Game… - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 14, 2000 at 17:45:02:

They might KNOW your business, but they won’t get it!
INCORPORATE !

Laure :slight_smile:

All The More Reason - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on March 14, 2000 at 17:22:55:

NB,

In my opinion, it’s even MORE important to utilize asset protection strategies when everyone knows your business. You need to implement some strategies that keep them from getting to all of your business too!

Set up a corporation or LLC.

Bill K. (AZ)