Those Darn Section 8's - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on January 29, 2000 at 12:45:02:

Those Darn Section 8’s - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on January 28, 2000 at 09:49:18:

Just when I thought things were on the right tract, I get a letter from a mortgage company regarding my section 8. Imagine a section 8 applying for a mortgage. Tell me it ain’t so…

I thought these people were suppose to be ruthless, dirty, unmotivated individuals! How in the world did I end up with one that got a decent full time job, went back to school, kept the house spotless and maintained the lawn!

Somebody please tell me this wasn’t a fluke and I can find another one.

Really I’m happy for her, but DAMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Those Darn Section 8’s - Posted by msboston

Posted by msboston on January 29, 2000 at 02:34:37:

Did you wish your tenant to remain in your property continuing to be a “stupid”, “lazy” “unmotivate” meal ticket?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your post. Is it a joke? If it isn’t, how dare you. If it is, it isn’t funny. Are you and the following respondants representative of creative real estate folks? If so, I can’t hang!! From the sound of your rhetoric, no wonder you have to be creative. You probably couldn’t make through a real estate course!!

Re: Those Darn Section 8’s - Posted by Section 8

Posted by Section 8 on January 28, 2000 at 13:18:24:

Hey your section 8 tenant sounds like my tenant who was on the program. She too kept the place spotless both inside and outside, and now she is leaving Feb 29th to a new apartment that is bigger and has less rent.

Oh well, these are the brakes!!!

…kinda makes ya smile, don’t it? … - Posted by SusanL

Posted by SusanL on January 28, 2000 at 10:35:53:

for the ones that are able to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and make somethin’ of their lives.

There’s STILL hope for this world yet!!

:slight_smile:

Re: Those Darn Section 8’s - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on January 29, 2000 at 04:26:30:

Whoa Boston!
You must be new to this board. My post was really for the people on this board that have had bad experiences with Section 8’s. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really happy for my Section 8. I just hope I can find another that is equally as motivated.

Sorry you took my post the wrong way.

Happy Investing.

By the way, I have my real estate license. The course was a piece of cake.

Re: …kinda makes ya smile, don’t it? … - Posted by Chenel Moore

Posted by Chenel Moore on January 29, 2000 at 12:01:40:

If you have something to flip or sell, sell it to her!!

Re: Those Darn Section 8’s - Posted by msboston

Posted by msboston on January 29, 2000 at 04:29:39:

WHATEVER.

Re: …kinda makes ya smile, don’t it? … - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on January 29, 2000 at 12:42:11:

Thanks Cheryl,
I already gave this some thought but decided I wanted to keep the house a little longer. It was my first house and I’m a little attached to it. (Good deal in a good neighborhood).

Thanks for the suggestion.