Thought for the day......... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Jim (Alaska) on April 09, 2000 at 11:46:48:

Hi folks,

Ed’s thought for the day is more profound than it would seem on the surface. Ed has been helping me on a deal I have in progress that I was having a problem with. Ed has a unique way if instilling the willingnes to learn in an old dog like me. But more than that, is his candid willingness to share his blunders as well as his victories. He teaches as any good teacher does, by example and instilling in the student the willingness to learn.

I would be honored to call Ed Garcia my friend as well as mentor, for he gives unselfishly and with no thought of gain for himself. His penchant for helping others achieve their goals is unheard of in society today. So Ed, friend, to you I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have learned that you can lose a deal you are working on and count it gain, because it makes you wiser and able to deal with loss as well as gain. Good luck on your seminar Ed…and for those of you who don’t know Ed, you could do a lot worse in this world than to sit under his teaching.

I also want to take a minute to say thank you to each and every one of the people on this site who have helped me stumble through the early stages of investing. It is admirable that people you have never met would take such and interest in your efforts and help with no thought of gain.

Thank you Ed, thank you all…

Jim

Thought for the day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on April 09, 2000 at 10:05:10:

Thought for the day?..

It is not age that brings wisdom, but the willingness to learn.

Ed Garcia

Re: Thought for the day…another one, if I may - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 09, 2000 at 17:53:46:

Dennis’ favorite saying is:
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not.

A corollary to the above.

Love ya, Ed.
Carol