Thought for the day.... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on July 24, 2011 at 14:06:03:

Cork,

I beg to differ with you.

First of all it was at the Lenders workshop you hard those sayings. However it wasn?t from Terry Vaughan, It was from me.

I can?t imagine Terry Vaughan bending over and looking a girl in the eye and then tell her she has a face that would stop a clock. That?s insulting.

What I said in the workshop is the meaning of words, can make a difference.

You could say to a girl, that she has a face that could make all time stand still.

Now that?s beautiful. Or, you could say that she has a face that could stop a clock.

Now it?s that little bit of difference, that makes all of the difference in the world.

Have a nice weekend Cork,

Ed Garcia

Thought for the day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on July 24, 2011 at 10:39:56:

I thought I would have some fun with today?s ?Thought for the day?. Many times when we say or do something, it?s a matter of our own perspective.

You may say, or write something to someone, for it to have one meaning, and they heard, or saw it from a different perspective then the one intended. This is extremely important when working a deal. That?s why I?ve always said, Communication, is the responsibility of the communicator.

Punctuation Perspective

An English professor wrote the words, “Woman without her man is nothing” on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: “Woman, without her man, is nothing.”

The women wrote: “Woman! Without her, man is nothing.”

Now talk about seeing things from a different perspective.

(Smile)

Ed Garcia

Re: Thought for the day… - Posted by cork horner

Posted by cork horner on July 24, 2011 at 11:43:53:

Wow Ed. Punctuation at its best?

It brings up what the inimitable Terry Vaughan demonstrated at the Lender Workshop some years back.

He asked a young lady in the front row to help him demonstrate the power of words and the delivery…

He proceeded by bending over toward her and said " Your face could stop a clock". Most of us know that line?

Then again, he leaned over toward her and said in a soft innocent tone: “when I look into your eyes, time stands still”.

Terry L. Vaughan is a master of words and the delivery.

I will NEVER forget that moment, OR the Lender Workshops by the A-Team of Creative Funding. You and Terry. Time for another one. Either in Phx or San Diego. Such as this coming winter Dec 2011-March 2012.

cork h.

Re: Thought for the day… - Posted by BozoB

Posted by BozoB on July 24, 2011 at 18:00:01:

I like that one! When i look into your eyes, time stands still!