Time to invest in Florida again??? - Posted by Brad Charbonneau

Re: All of yo need to read this!!! - Posted by mikeincc

Posted by mikeincc on January 14, 2007 at 21:38:46:

As a buyer in Lee County, FL, I can say it is difficult to sign any contracts yet. I’m waiting for some of these ARMs to force sales in the next few months. Then its buy time…

Wow, really? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on January 15, 2007 at 11:10:15:

“One of the problems is that Century Village is 55+ only and that limits who can buy.” Is that so! Well, my next development is for age 54-. Then the next one is for this race and the one after that for the other race. Then maybe a few for different nationalities. No discrimination here. Do you see where this is heading? Lawsuit city! I really wonder how they can get away with this. Can you explain? Maybe they should call it “Half Century Village”. LOL

Re: Wow, really? - Posted by Killer Joe

Posted by Killer Joe on January 15, 2007 at 12:26:50:

Wayne,

55+ complexes are common in a lot of the western states. I’m suprised you have never heard of these. You need to get out more, lol.

KJ

Thanks for the advice! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on January 15, 2007 at 13:02:57:

OK KJ, This time I will leave my RE agent at home and bring my attorney. Lots of money to be made there. I’ll be LOL all the way to the bank AND own the property. Isn’t there a Supreme Court (located here back east) decision as a precedent somewhere called “age discrimination?” Maybe it didn’t make it that far west yet. I’ll be sure to bring a copy when we arrive. Foot note: I just hope my cases close before I reach 55. I am not that far away. Who knows even if I will (or anybody else for that matter) make it. Age is not guaranteed.

HOPA - Posted by KJ

Posted by KJ on January 15, 2007 at 13:16:57:

Wayne,

The HOPA (Housing for Older People Act) allows for such ‘discrimination’ as you call it. It is government sanctioned if all the requirements are met by the community.

Don’t pay your atty a retainer up front on this one…

KJ

Re: HOPA - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on January 15, 2007 at 13:33:11:

Well, beside HOPA, what would you call it? What if a young, single minority woman with children wanted to buy there? Also, you try to say that your property is only for 55 and over and see what happens. Can we hide behind HOPA? It’s the law, right? I see trouble ahead sooner or later. It sounds to me of yet another case of gov’t hypocrisy at its’ best! Laws can and have been challenged then overturned by Supreme Court decisions. I am not an expert here but it seems like a perfectly logical arguement for such.

It’s never too late to invest in Florida again, actually I suggest investing in Boca Raton a beautiful city that has some of the most beautiful homes in the state. So if you’re interested in investing in Boca Raton you can contact one of the top real estate agents in boca raton.