TIP: Receive faxes in your email - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on April 10, 2000 at 15:18:46:

Yes thats true. You can get a local number for $2-$3 monthly charge.

TIP: Receive faxes in your email - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on April 10, 2000 at 11:48:14:

Heres a handy service I’ve found helpful & thought others may also. I’m still a newbie so don’t have much to offer to the many experts concerning REI, but maybe this will help at least one of you who have been so helpful to me.

I use a service that converts my incoming faxes into email format allowing me to receive faxes anywhere I can access my email. Sign up at http://efax.com/ and you are assigned a personl efax number. Faxes sent to that number are converted & sent to your email address. So it doesn’t matter where you fax machine is as long as you can get to your email. Best of all IT’S FREE! I’ve been using it for about 8 months with no problems.

Thanks for all the great advice & inspiration,
Dan

Re: TIP: Receive faxes in your email - Posted by MilNC

Posted by MilNC on April 10, 2000 at 21:29:06:

I have efax and uReach (800#, fax, voicmail no monthly charge.) I’d like to get a local number, whatever need dictates.
You can always limit where you give out your 800#
One big advantage of efax is for getting fax-on-demand
documents. You never know how much ink is going to
get used up in letterheads and logos.
I think with uReach, you have to pay for the faxes
that go to the 800#. So get both and use as situation
requires.

Re: TIP: Receive faxes in your email - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 10, 2000 at 16:16:32:

Dan-

I have e-fax and it is o.k. but I am going to check out ureach which has been mentioned here(http://www.ureach.com/).

The efax number I was given for the free service is a non-local number. So if anyone Faxes me they have to pay long distance charges. No local number in my area. For a toll free number you can upgrade for $2.95 per month and $.10 for each page received, a toll-free number $10 activation fee is required.

-Chris

Re: TIP: Receive faxes in your email - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on April 10, 2000 at 13:30:04:

TRUE, but i believe the sender has to now send the fax to a long distance number, i dont have it but have a friend who does.

Re: TIP: Receive faxes in your email - Posted by Linda

Posted by Linda on April 11, 2000 at 12:40:17:

I have a ureach number and the faxes are free along with the voice mail and email. I upgraded to a toll free number without an extention and that too was free. (you need to use a credit card no., but they say there will be no charges applied and so far they are correct)

ureach.com has a toll free # (nt) - Posted by JohnH

Posted by JohnH on April 10, 2000 at 19:52:16:

ureach.com has a toll free # (nt)