Title Company failed to record deed - Posted by Linda

Posted by Linda on July 24, 2003 at 10:27:13:

Thank you for your response. I have had to extend my closing date because of the error of the title company and now instead of the 2.1250% discount points, it’s risen to 3.5% discount points. I’m pretty sure that would come under “damages.” Thoughts?

Title Company failed to record deed - Posted by Linda

Posted by Linda on July 11, 2003 at 11:35:10:

I purchased my mother’s home from her estate in April of 2002. I’m in the process of refinancing. It has come to my attention that the title company I went through failed to record the deed and the house is still in my mother’s estate. What action can I take against the title company?
Thank you,
Linda

Re: Title Company failed to record deed - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on July 13, 2003 at 22:50:01:

I would suggest that you call them up and have them record it immediately!

NT

Re: Title Company failed to record deed - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on July 12, 2003 at 08:59:54:

Its possible they did record the Deed and it was indexed oddly. But, premsuming you call them and they record the Deed immediatelly, how would have been damaged?

Re: Title Company failed to record deed - Posted by Linda

Posted by Linda on July 15, 2003 at 10:40:07:

NT,
thank you. I have already alerted the title company, which admits their fault and has submitted a quit deed to the real estate recording office. Unfortunately, I am being told that the process may take up to three weeks, and my rate lock expiration date is July 21st, this coming Monday. If, due the title company’s Negligence in recording my title I lose out on this lower rate, does the title company then become responsible for damages?

Re: Title Company failed to record deed - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on July 16, 2003 at 21:10:18:

maybe. I’d bring it up with them NOW, and see if they can find a solution to address your concern. Perhaps the lender can work around it, if it can be show that it was just a bona fide title company error.

NT

Re: Title Company failed - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on July 15, 2003 at 20:04:27:

>> If, due the title company’s Negligence in recording my title I lose out on this lower rate, does the title company then become responsible for damages?

Probably depends on the likelyhood of getting the same rate again. If you can make a few calls and secure the same rate, you weren’t very damaged.

Non-Lawyer opinion