To all MHP turnaround experts - Posted by bhagan

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on June 14, 2005 at 17:40:05:

Scott told me you are doing very well in NC. Congratulations!!

Personally, I love taking a property that is run down and bringing it back to its original glory. I enjnoy paying people that need the money to do the work. They are happy and I’m happy. As I tell my handy man, “When I say we, I really mean you”. He is happy doing what he is very good at, and I’m happy looking at deals. Currently, I am looking at two gutted houses on land, three land lots, one landlocked land lot, and an out of state land home deal. It is a great feeling when you see the opportunity in a piece of property. However, you do have to kiss a lot of frogs, as they say.

Well, keep up the great work and see you at the next conference, I believe in October.

Best investing, Chris

To all MHP turnaround experts - Posted by bhagan

Posted by bhagan on June 11, 2005 at 04:24:26:

What is the best most economical idea or technique you have for making a park standout when you are turning one around?

Re: To all MHP turnaround experts - Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine)

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on June 13, 2005 at 19:14:31:

Clean up all the junk, mow all the lawns, new sign out front, limit the number of cars, only allow A-frame roofs and vinyl siding, plant shrubs, pave road, and lastly for high end park, only allow homes 10 years old.

Best investing, Chris

Re: To all MHP turnaround experts (+ novice) - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on July 09, 2005 at 17:02:30:

I’m due to close on MHP this month (if I can EVER get the septic inspector out), & my plans also include replacing mailboxes. I already have the sign (carried it back myself from Costa Rica last week because I got it hand-carved for $50 vs. the $850 quote here) & have made located a source for Italian cypress trees to block the unsightly view of an unkempt yard next door. Lotsa flowers w/go in immediately, especially around the sign. Checking Mon to see what sort of complaint I have to file to get rid of a derelict school bust on the street.

Tye

You make it sound so easy! - Posted by Lin (NC)

Posted by Lin (NC) on June 14, 2005 at 09:23:43:

Wow Chris!

You’re going to put all the other “MHP turnaround experts” out of the course-selling and boot camp biz with your straightforward and to-the-point posts. You make them seem ridiculously verbose! : )

I’m still looking for a park, but getting closer to finding one every day.

Lin