Too many houses, not enough comps!!!! (Trouble working with realators) - Posted by Al Jordan

Posted by Steve on May 03, 2000 at 10:32:58:

:slight_smile:

Too many houses, not enough comps!!! (Trouble working with realators) - Posted by Al Jordan

Posted by Al Jordan on May 02, 2000 at 19:07:55:

I’m having trouble getting realators to work with me. Not being able to get comps is slowing me down. I have houses that I can’t make offers on because I can’t get comps fast enough! I guess my question is, “How do I get realators to work with me?” I think it’s just a communication problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Too many houses, not enough comps!!! (Trouble working with realators) - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on May 03, 2000 at 18:16:11:

Al there are many websites that offer free information on previous sales prices, someone already posted a couple. I have the same problem here in Indiana, it’s a non-disclosure state so the only source is through the MLS. I can tell you from experience the only way you will get a real estate person to work with you at all is if there is something definately in it for them. I don’t blame them for that. I just can’t make my kind of deals fly with a realtor involved. What is ridiculous to me though is that the local Board of Realtors in my area won’t provide MLS info to anyone. Those darn Realtors really have Indiana locked in to their advantage. What I’ve done is just started gathering my own info from the Realtor.com website. Still I can only find out what the price of homes is listed at and not what homes actually sold for. I can’t find out how long they’ve been listed and when their going to expire, but I manage, it’s just a bigger pain in the neck than in most states.

Have you tried a buyers agent ? ( nt ) - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on May 03, 2000 at 08:06:11:

Re: Too many houses, not enough comps!!! (Trouble working with realators) - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on May 02, 2000 at 20:29:05:

AL,
You might consider the other person a little more.
Start by learning to spell…REALTOR. I hope you don’t prononce it like you spell it. This is always a turn off, at least to me. If my name was Bob, and someone spelled it BOOB, well I just would have trouble taking that person seriously…ED

For comps, go to www.domania.com… - Posted by Diane(Bay Area)

Posted by Diane(Bay Area) on May 02, 2000 at 19:23:15:

…or to www.iown.com, or to www.homegain.com.

Keep looking… there are realtors out there to help. - Posted by Barbara_NY

Posted by Barbara_NY on May 02, 2000 at 19:18:58:

Al,

I know how you feel. A few years ago when I started investing I had trouble locating realtors that understood my unique needs. Generally, I found a lot of realtors that didn’t seem to listen when I said I was looking to invest, that I worked creatively and that I may, indeed wholesale the property to an end buyer. The usual reply was… “Okay. That’s nice. Now how much do you have to put down and have you been prequalified.” Enough said.

My suggestion to you is not to give up. For every 20 realtors that didn’t understand my needs or simply didn’t want to work with me I found 1 that did. After a while I had a few realtors looking for me. I recently became a realtor myself so I could take advantage of deals I might not otherwise be able to extend myself out for while BEING that Realtor folks like you are looking for.

Good luck and don’t give up.

Barbara

Re: Too many houses, not enough comps!!! (Trouble working with realators) - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on May 02, 2000 at 21:12:07:

Good point, Ed. However, you did not correctly spell pronounce.

Those were excellent information sites! - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on May 04, 2000 at 11:35:15:

It isn’t often I get impressed by a website’s information but the ones you mentioned were fabulous. Thank you for that.

Do you have any other on your list?