Tools to track owners?? - Posted by J.

Posted by Jamie M. Perez on April 15, 1999 at 15:22:53:

I don’t think I’m supposed to post it on this site. But, I’ll send it to your email address. Hope the info works for you.

Jamie

Tools to track owners?? - Posted by J.

Posted by J. on April 12, 1999 at 14:46:39:

I’ve located a few vacant homes that look like they have potential…What are some of the tools you pros use to track down the owners of vacant homes.??

thanks,

J.

Tools to track owners?? - Posted by Jamie M. Perez(TX)

Posted by Jamie M. Perez(TX) on April 13, 1999 at 18:10:11:

Hi J.,

I get the owners from the tax records. I use the phone book or the internet to get a phone number and current address. I’ve also used skip tracers, postcards/letters with “address correction requested” or “please forward” on the front, and a 900# for a company that has a national database. It costs about $3 per minute. I would stay away from skip tracers and the 900# for three reasons: (1) they are cost prohibitive;(2) you can get most of the information you need from free sources; and (3) some vacant properties may no longer be in the owner’s hands. In the case of (3) above, you should check for foreclosure by the lender or VA/HUD.

Hope I’ve been able to help.

Jamie

Re: Tools to track owners?? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on April 12, 1999 at 15:24:48:

Tax records sometimes have info on the owner, and where to call or mail them.
Also, try the neighbors.
Often times when you tell a neighbor you are interested in cleaning up the vacant ugly house next door, they’ll be real helpful in giving info.
Be sure to leave a business card so they can contact you later, should they have any info.
Just my two cents,
Jim

Re: Tools to track owners?? - Posted by J.

Posted by J. on April 13, 1999 at 22:53:19:

Jamie,
What are the names of the 900# databases that you use?

Thanks,