townhomes/condos to start business. - Posted by larry

Posted by Shane on February 06, 2002 at 09:53:40:

First off the line between a wrong investment and a right investment isn’t always clear. What works for one investor may not work for another. There are alot of case specific details unique only to you. Are you looking to rehab condo/townhome properties or will you rent them? Be aware that some Townhome/condo homeowners associations have regulations on rental situations. Financing may or not be an issue depending on the specific property. Once again there is no blanket answer. Every specific situation will have it’s specific problems. Are you looking for conventional financing or hard money? Read my response to Bob’s regarding hard money post to get a better look at the two perspectives. I don’t know if hard money is the way for you to go or conventional financing. If you want to discuss more specifics email me and I will be happy to give you my view. Shane

townhomes/condos to start business. - Posted by larry

Posted by larry on February 06, 2002 at 07:43:33:

Hello. First, I am so impressed with the amount of help everyone gives out. It is like a support group. I am just starting out and my thinking is to buy townhomes. Why? Price is reasonable, and the maitenence of grass, snow, etc are part of the monthly expenses. Am I wrong in this thinking? I’m not speaking of just townhomes/condo’s, but to start.
The financing easier?

Thank you in advance for all your help everyone.

Larry