Update: Seller breached option - Posted by LeAnn

Posted by LeAnn on July 16, 2003 at 17:07:59:

Hi Clair-

Long story short: Seller who is a realtor, decided to back out on my option 3 days prior to the expiration date. I had 3 interested buyers based on the drive by and they wanted in. She “left town” and didn’t contact me for a week. The entire story can be found on the law forum and by searching archives using “seller breached”.

Take care-
LeAnn

Update: Seller breached option - Posted by LeAnn

Posted by LeAnn on July 16, 2003 at 09:57:09:

Update-

Two nights ago I called the seller and she called me back. I explained to her that I was going to contact the real estate commission to have her license revoked and that I was also going to sue her for damages equal to my profit plus atty costs and fees. After she proceeded to scream at me and tell me to go right ahead and try, she hung up.

Well, this morning, seller called to see if I would settle this for the $3k that I told her (on 7-6-03) that I would take to buy me out of the contract. Said she talked to a real estate atty and they told her that my contracts are solid. The atty told her that she could possibly lose her real estate license and that I had the right to foreclose…

I told her that I would accept that amount if she got it to me by the 21st. She thanked me for my generosity and will call me tomorrow morning.

I’d rather take the money and be done with it.

LeAnn

Re: Update: Seller breached option - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on July 16, 2003 at 15:15:05:

Congrats on solving the problem, and earning a quick $3k. Does this mean i can put my dueling handbag down now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Re: Update: Seller breached option - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on July 16, 2003 at 15:02:07:

LeAnn, You got my curosity…What happened for the seller to breached the contract and how did the realtor got into the picture?