updating abstract? - Posted by GregNY

Posted by GregNY on August 27, 2003 at 23:12:26:

Thank you!

That’s what I was thinking. It’s just that the so called “professionals” in their respected fields seem to have NO clue. I figured it was that simple as I was posting. But who am I, just a little RE investor who doesn’t know any better.

Thanx

GregNY

ps - if things get hung up, I’ll give ya a call.

updating abstract? - Posted by GregNY

Posted by GregNY on August 27, 2003 at 18:17:47:

Hello:

I purchased a property sub 2, waited my 3 months, now in the process of refinancing. Everything has been perfect. I purchased for $20k the appraisal came in at $50k. The only thing between me and a good chunk of my equity is the fact that no one can figure out who did the last abstract. When I purchased the prop I took a chance and didn’t get title work PROFESSIONAL done (I know, I know). The seller can’t remember the attorney or title company he used 20+ years ago. What can I do to get this done? HELP!

GregNY

Re: updating abstract? - Posted by ken

Posted by ken on August 27, 2003 at 21:48:47:

Who cares? Just order a new one or most likely the bank will require title insurance anyway so just get them that.My suggestion is to build a relationship with the title company yourself if you intend to keep doing this. call me at 518-630-0110 if you have questions. I am also in NY