URGENT: Bronchick WARRANTY DEED Fill in the Blank - Posted by Bill

Posted by Jim IL on December 09, 1999 at 01:12:09:

Bill,
I am not Bronchik obviously, but that blank is the date for the taxes of this year. I just checked my most recent “Warranty Deed” from a deal we did a couple months back, and the date is 12/31/99.
so, the taxes for this year are what that refers to, which are due and payable in installements in my county, in the month of May and September of the following year.

Hope that helps,
Jim IL

URGENT: Bronchick WARRANTY DEED Fill in the Blank - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on December 08, 1999 at 21:14:46:

What goes at the ???'s below? We’re on the second deal and need help.

TO HAVE AND TO HOLD the said premises above bargained and described, with the appurtenances, unto the said grantee, their heirs and assigns forever. And the said grantor, for himself, his heirs, and personal representatives, does covenant, grant bargain and agree to and with the grantee, their heirs and assigns, that at the time of the ensealing and delivery of these presents, is well seized of the premises above conveyed, has good, sure, perfect, absolute indefeasible estate if inheritance, in law, in fee simple, and has good right, full power and lawful authority to grant, bargain, sell and convey the same in manner and form aforesaid, and that the same are free and clear from all former and other grants, bargains, sales, liens, taxes, assessments, encumbrances and restrictions of any kind or nature whatsoever, except any easements, restrictions, covenants, zoning ordinances and rights-of-way of record and property taxes accruing subsequent to ??? , a lien not yet due and payable.

Re: URGENT: Bronchick WARRANTY DEED Fill in the Blank - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on December 09, 1999 at 07:41:01:

I’m always impressed with people who do their own deeds. Me? I haven’t done one in my entire career. I let my title company or lawyer do these. If it’s wrong I have someone to sue…how about you?

And now, for a quick story. I recently received a tax bill for a property I own. At least, I’m supposed to own it…except the tax bill is for the property next door…the one owned by the neighbor!

I trotted down to the courthouse yesterday…checked everything out. Turns out the legal description on my deed is right (had it not been there would have been hell to pay at the title company.) And in case you think title companies never screw it up, think again. I’ve seen them deed the wrong property.

In this case the county had it wrong. Wrong parcel number associated with the wrong legal descriptions. Ouch! The next door neighbor has been paying the taxes on MY property…and I’ve been paying his. Interesting…my taxes are almost DOUBLE his. You’d think this guy would have noticed this before!

What will happen? Hard to say. But I’m sure glad I had a title company handle this for me…and didn’t save a few bucks doing it myself.

Each to his own.

JPiper

JPiper