Use Realtor when selling on an option? - Posted by Debra-SC

Posted by Mark-NC on February 23, 2001 at 08:37:02:

Debra,
In all reality I don’t think this agent will be able to list it for you to sell unless you are the owner.

I am not sure but she may be able to bring you a buyer without listing it as long as the buyer signs a buyers agent agreement. But then again maybe not. The reason I say this is I have an option on a house now and had an agent aproach me with a buyer but once she found out I had an option on the property she got real nervous and backed away from it.

Mark

Use Realtor when selling on an option? - Posted by Debra-SC

Posted by Debra-SC on February 22, 2001 at 20:20:06:

Met a couple with a 4bdrm/3brm home, lots of extras, extra apartment on back they rent for $325/month. They have a VA loan, are behind in payments asking the payoff of $138,000 - 140,000. home was appraised in 1997 at $143,500. at the least I would think it’s worth 172,200.
Also met a “hot-shot” RE agent who has really earned her reputation. She says she “can work it!” I was thinking of optioning this home for the payoff and selling a little below FMV and use the REaltor to sell it for me while I go on to something else. (selling gives me the shakes). Is this a good idea? if so, how would I structure this? I would like to give the realtor some extra incentive, like 8% comm. if she sells within 1st month, 7% in two months and regular 6% in three.

Pros, would like your feedback. BTW, the house has vinyl siding. I will be seeing it Saturday. It’s in a nice section of town.
Debra-SC

Re: You Can List - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 23, 2001 at 17:22:57:

the property with a Realtor just as if you were the owner. This is perfectly legal and your (HOT SHOT) Realtor, should know how to do it.

Is this a good idea? It is a great idea if you can pull it off. What have you got to loose?