Using County recorder information - Posted by Kay

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 02, 2003 at 12:18:12:

Kay-------------

Notice of default filings are for non-judicial foreclosure states. I think FL is a judicial foreclosure state. If is that is so, there is a lawsuit filed for foreclosure in the county courthouse. You’d have to be able to tap into the records in the courthouse to look for “lis pendens” or foreclosure lawsuits. Call the courthouse and ask if they are online. Far fewer of the courthouses are online. You might have to go down to the office to look up things.

If you have not already done so, I recommend that you read my article “Is foreclosure investing for you?” in the money-making tips forum of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Good Investing*************Ron Starr**************

Using County recorder information - Posted by Kay

Posted by Kay on August 02, 2003 at 12:04:30:

In an How to article here on Creonline,it mentioned doing a search of the county records to find Notice of Default on the title. Well when I attempt to do a online search of this in florida it is not an option. Are there other investors that search the county records for this type of recording in FLorida that are finding it online. Or should I be reviewing other notifications.

Re: Using County recorder information - Posted by Brent Leach

Posted by Brent Leach on August 02, 2003 at 21:30:09:

Kay,

Call the courthouse and ask them where to look online. By Florida state law ALL public information in the state is available online, my business partner lives in Florida and never goes to the courthouse but looks from the websites.

Regards,

Brent Leach