Using the internet to buy or sell ??? - Posted by JohnG

Posted by David Alexander on March 28, 2000 at 11:05:11:

Alex…

Excellent site. Looks like you ahve the ultimate system in place.

My Koodoos.

David Alexander

Using the internet to buy or sell ??? - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on March 27, 2000 at 09:01:38:

Are you having success using the internet ?

Have you bought any properties from the net ?
Have you sold any properties on the net ?

Can you give us some of the details ?
Any nice web pages that we can look at ?
Thanks.

Re: Using the internet to buy or sell ??? - Posted by David@iBuyHousesCash.com

Posted by David@iBuyHousesCash.com on March 28, 2000 at 08:48:08:

it’s been an interesting journey. I get several emails, calls, and forms per week. I’ve been using small classified ads to direct prospects to my site.

Need a QUICK sale? Fair Price, No Hassle!
iBuyHousesCash.com xxx-xxx-xxxx

I have 8 ads that I’m currently tracking to see which gets the best response.

It’s cheap, a great way to express yourself, and a good overall approach to get motivated sellers to call.

NOTE: no need to call the 800#. It is limited to only the area codes (2) in which I do business.

Please email with either positive or negative feedback.

David S

Website Success, It’s Easy! - Posted by Shooter

Posted by Shooter on March 28, 2000 at 07:20:04:

Hi John,

We started using a website about 3 months ago. It is absolutely one of the best marketing tools available for the cost. To date, we have bought one home from a “cyberspace” Seller and acquired one Tenant Buyer, also.

We routinely receive forms from Sellers all over the country who stumble across our website from the search engines. I have sent several leads to people who are active on this site. I know that one gentleman in Pittsburgh actually closed a deal from a lead we sent him.

If you look at our site (www.4RentToOwn.com), you will see that it is simple and doesn’t have all of the “bells and whistles” that most companies put on their websites. Here is the best tip I can give you when developing a website—keep it SIMPLE.

Sure, it must look professional, but convey your USP (unique selling proposition) in as few words as possible and guide them to perform an action or make a decision. In our case, we want them to fill out a form so we can contact them. That’s it! Our entire website has that one purpose.

I think everyone who is serious about this business should have a website. You won’t find a better deal for your marketing dollar.

Steve Case
(Shooter)

Works for me (at least with buyers) - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on March 27, 2000 at 19:06:41:

The only way I sell homes is through internet and by FAX now. My ads are directed to the web site and voice mail, where buyer can get information about properties for sale, features, photos (if I get to taking them), financing programs, directions, independent viewing intructions, and pre-qualifying for our owner financing or lease/option programs.

In a sense it’s a refinement on Joe Kaiser’s Bingo Bungo Bongo tenant acquisition technique using internet and voice mail.

All I do is prepare info on the web site and record the voice mail, run ads and sit back. The e-mail and FAXes with applications from Buyers start pouring in. I pick those with potential and e-mail or call them the combo code to see the property.

Finally I get e-mail from people who want to buy and need to know how to proceed. That’s the time to see them in my office, discuss details, collect money and sign paperwork.

I must confess, since I started doing that, selling has been a piece of cake. My phone traffic cut down 95% - that alone was worth having website and voice mail.

Even though I set up Buying homes in a similar way, so far I was not able to generate enough traffic through the site. I do get seller’s forms now and then, but not anywhere enough to where I need them. The flaw, I believe, is not in the web itself but in proper marketing to generate significant traffic. Also with WEB it’s much harder to track the traffic than, say, with the voice mail which registers all the callers no matter if they care to leave a message or not.

Re: Using the internet to buy or sell ??? - Posted by PatrickMD

Posted by PatrickMD on March 27, 2000 at 13:09:02:

JohnG, I read in a recent creonline.com post that a web site is a marketing tool we should strive to develop to greatly improve our contacts with qualified sellers/buyers. I then read a timely book review in a newspaper real estate section this month. The article writer said if he had only one real estate book on his shelf, he’d buy “Sam’s Teach Yourself Today e-Real Estate” by Jack Segner. He called it a tremendously useful book. I just got it through Barnes and Noble (on line, of course! barnesandnoble.com) but I haven’t read it yet. The review printed on the back cover says, “Jack Segner’s years of mortgage banking and real estate experience really becomes evident as he guides you…Sam’s Teach Yourself e-Real Estate Today is destined to be that dog-eared book, full of yellow Post-It notes, that is never far from your computer.” -Darren Ullmann, Real Estate Guide, About.com. Happy reading!

Re: Using the internet to buy or sell ??? - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 27, 2000 at 11:07:23:

John,
I’m just started to advertise my site and I think it’s going to be very beneficial based on limited results so far. So, to answer your questions…

I’ve had sellers fill out my forms and send them to me, although I’ve not put a deal together yet. I’ve had buyers fill out my forms, and hopefully, will sell one of our properties shortly. And I’ve had someone contact me looking for work. Saturday, I stuck a new rider which includes my URL on one of our “For Sale” signs and we had 70 hits to the site on Sunday. I think a website is a must, but the difficulty for me is trying to run it and update it on my own. I have tons of ideas I want to include and time becomes an issue. I won’t claim my site is “nice”, but it’s functional and as I said, it’s in its infancy.

The address is quickoffers.com and I would like to exchange links with anyone else who has a site. Thanks…

Re: Works for me (at least with buyers) - Posted by IdahoRob

Posted by IdahoRob on March 28, 2000 at 24:43:02:

Hi Alex
I am in the tinkering stage of setting up a web site for investing and would like to see your website. Could you ether post here or e-mail me.

Also anyone else have a website they are now using — would love to see them.
Thanks
Rob Harris

Alex, I’d love to see your site!! - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on March 27, 2000 at 20:23:45:

Alex, I always enjoy your posts (all too infrequent anymore…) as you are always stretching to make the business more efficient and profitable.
Can you post or email the URL??
Thanks, Lyal

BestBookBuys.com - Posted by OzarkMark

Posted by OzarkMark on March 27, 2000 at 21:40:50:

As a book junkie, especially RE books, I have to again recomment BestBookBuys.com. This site quickly searches 28 online bookstores and finds the best prices. For instance, “Sam’s Teach Yourself Today e-Real Estate” by Jack Segner costs you $18.34 at Barnes and Noble (includes shipping), or you can get it at ecampus.com for $14.34 including shipping. That’s $4.00 that you can spend on gruel and Salvation Army clothes :wink: Just kidding! Anyway, I’ve ordered the book. Thanks for the recommendation. -Mark

Excellent site, TRandle. Thank you for sharing. You’ve given me some good ideas! (nt) - Posted by OzarkMark

Posted by OzarkMark on March 27, 2000 at 21:54:38:

nt

Re: Alex, I’d love to see your site!! - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on March 28, 2000 at 09:37:23:

www.austincash.com

Netscape is recommended for viewing, as due to a bug in MS Int. Explorer, there is a problem with displaying one of the columns. Still trying to figure how to overcome this.