Vacant House: I can't find the owners, Help? - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by DT on September 24, 2003 at 17:35:35:

Tyrone, look for an article entitled, “Ten Ways to Find Owners of Vacant Property”
By Joe Kaiser

Here is the url: http://www.creonline.com/articles/index.html

DT

Vacant House: I can’t find the owners, Help? - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on September 24, 2003 at 17:24:31:

I located this vacant house but I can’t find the owners. The last recording on the house was in 1960. What should I do or what service may be able to help me?

Re: Vacant House: I can’t find the owners, Help? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 24, 2003 at 21:40:17:

Tyrone,

I have heard www.findtheseller.com is a pretty good site for what you are looking for.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)

Re: Vacant House: I can’t find the owners, Help? - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by Tom PA on September 24, 2003 at 21:23:05:

Usually you get a hit when you start calling nieghbors and people close to property with the same last name.
Also look within about a 30 mile radius of the property for the owner name. People usually don’t move very far away.
There is a service that I love to use called Accurint. However they have guidelines for access. I do think that anyone who is a landlord can gain access but I am not sure about that. If you can get an Accurint report, which cost a few dollars, then you will almost undoubtly be able to find the person.
If you can’t find the person then drop me an email. I’ll see what I can get for you.

Re: Vacant House: I can’t find the owners, Help? - Posted by NJInvestor

Posted by NJInvestor on September 24, 2003 at 20:42:45:

If you hav an address and willing to pay, try deadleads.com. Never used myself, but heard of it thru the CRE forum.

Re: Vacant House: I can’t find the owners, Help? - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 24, 2003 at 20:23:32:

Look in the social security death records (rootsweb) to see, if the owner(s) have died.
If they have, go to your vital records office and buy the death certificate.
there’s an informant name and address, which is usually a relative. Go and trace them
Go to the probate court and see, if there’s a will
talk to the neighbors
Go to ww.ussearch.com and put the owners name in it. If it’s an unusual name, let them search in the whole u.s. They will give you the city, state, age for free.
then go to www.searchbug.com and look for that name under that city and see, if there’s a ph#
Is it an unusal last name, then look for anybody else with that name in searchbug. They might be related.

thats’ something to stsrt

michaela