Very discourged. - Posted by Ralph

Posted by Tony Dulgeroff on March 16, 2002 at 18:13:59:

Looking for motivated sellers?
It doesn’t happen over night. But, it happens.
I felt like you once. I didn’t find a motivated seller until after my first year.
If, you’re sick of spending so much money, stop!
If what you’re doing doesn’t work, stop!
Try something new. Change the words in your ad. Advertise somewhere else.
Don’t give up. This is your dream. Keep at it.
Trust me it will pay off.

Tony Dulgeroff
http://www.iheonline.com

Very discourged. - Posted by Ralph

Posted by Ralph on March 16, 2002 at 17:56:03:

I ran my penny saver ad for two months, planted 2000 business cards, put up 50 bandit signs and have been driving around town with signs on my car. The only phone calls I get are people who want to sell me multilevel scams, Realtors who don’t understand what I’m doing and people just calling out of curiosity. Total calls to date? Five. This is ridiculous. Spending all of this money, going in the midnight hour putting up bandit signs. Getting dirty stares when I lay down my business card. I can’t keep doing this. Losing money and all of this time for what? Nothing.

Re: Very discourged. - Posted by dave (bal’mer)

Posted by dave (bal’mer) on March 18, 2002 at 19:45:22:

Ralph,
After reading Steve Cook’s opinion of your situation I thought of Ron Legrand’s $20.00 book on real estate. “Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate” In this book he describes how you benifit the community through your actions as a Real Estate Investor. I found this section very valuable and hopefully you will take something from it as well. (if you have not already read it)

Best of Luck,

dave (bal’mer)

They want to sell… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 17, 2002 at 13:31:23:

Start calling all the people in the classified ads. They are advertising that they want to sell! Sure, 99 out of a 100 aren’t flexible enuf to do a deal (yet), but you only need one. Won’t cost anything, either.

My hunch is you need to bone up on your sale, negotiation, and marketing skills. Don’t give up.

Hal

Re: Very discourged. - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 17, 2002 at 10:53:30:

Ralph,

My first observation of a problem came when you said something about getting dirty stares about your business cards. I get the exact opposite response. People are intrigued by what I do. And I’m proud of it. I sense that you aren’t proud of what you are doing, that you feel bad about it and it comes across that way. Be proud of what you do, and things will change. I never get a bad response from people when they find out what I do.

Happy Investing,

Steve

Pennysaver ads cost big $$$$ - Posted by Bryan in Cali

Posted by Bryan in Cali on March 16, 2002 at 18:34:35:

In my city the Pennysaver charges more for an ad than does the local paper. I think the local paper charges $15-20/week for an ad (I’ll have to recheck this) but the Pennysaver charges $50 or so a week-and with a smaller coverage area. Go down to your local daily paper (or biweekly in some suburban or rural areas) and see what they’ll charge you. Plus you may need to rewrite your ad. It seems to me that the “I BUY HOUSES QUICK CA$H” ads are a dime a dozen and that you’re likely to get lost in the crowd. Be creative with ad wording.