Vic, et al: Louisiana hard money - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on February 04, 2001 at 24:41:18:

Thanks for the invite. We should see you there.

Vic, et al: Louisiana hard money - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on February 02, 2001 at 17:19:20:

Looking for hard money sources who deal in Louisiana.
Please help.

Re: Vic, et al: Louisiana hard money - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on February 03, 2001 at 09:08:27:

Thanks for the response. We are primarily interested in the Iberia/Saint Mary/Lafayette Parish area.

We also have concerns regarding “Escrow Agreements” vs any other options which may be available in order to avoid “due on sale” issues while also allowing for third party participation.

We have taken advantage of a good bit of CRE literature and course material over the years, but have a number of concerns as to how they may apply to Louisiana. It has been our experience that their are as many opinions as their are attorneys. Although we think we have found a good one in New Orleans.

Functioning within a newsgroup is a new concept to us so if I’m not handling it properly please let me know.

Re: Vic, et al: Louisiana hard money - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on February 02, 2001 at 18:19:08:

Jeanne,

What part of Louisiana are you in?

Email me & I’ll try to help you.

Vic

You should come to our local reia group… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 03, 2001 at 17:15:02:

Jeanne,

Have you been to our NOREIA (New Orleans Real Estate Investing) Monthly meeting? We meet the third thursday at the Quality Hotel on Causeway South in Metairie, 7-9 pm. We have an excellent club with lots of informative speakers and members. This is a topic a bunch of us just discussed last week, in fact. In fact, Vic and I have been discussing this for the last month. It can be done, but it’s done differently in our 3rd world state.

Please come up to me and say hello if you attend a board meeting. I will be leading the next meeting.

HR

(Hal)