WANTED: Chicagoland Rehab Property Insurance - Posted by Mark IL

Posted by Dealmaker on May 17, 2000 at 14:46:13:

Within Zurich’s Builder Risk Policy is a “Remodeler’s Program” that cost 40 cents per $100. YES that’s very reasonable.

Call a local independent group and ask for the person that handle ‘Commercial insurance’ then ask if the write for Zurich. Then, if they don’t know, tell them about the program.

It’s an annual policy that’s not pro-rated. You pay the annual premium and the you use their monthly reporting form to report properties every time you buy.

Email me if you have any questions about the policy or otherwise.

Dealmaker

WANTED: Chicagoland Rehab Property Insurance - Posted by Mark IL

Posted by Mark IL on May 17, 2000 at 13:51:48:

All,

I have a house that I will be rehabbing soon. I cannot use the statdard State Farm homeowners or renters policy since the home will be vacant for several months. Can anybody recommend an insurance company and/or agent that offers reasonalby priced rehab insurance? Thanks.

Mark IL

Re: WANTED: Chicagoland Rehab Property Insurance - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 17, 2000 at 14:59:06:

Mark,
Not sure where in Chicagoland you are?
But you may want to look for an insurance broker who has several companies they represent.
They should be able find you someone who will cover the property.
You will no doubt pay a little more for the policy then you would with a standard landlord policy, but you will be covered.
If you cannot find a broker, try calling Farmers Insurance, I know they have some coverage available like this.

HTH,
Jim IL