water and electric on or off - Posted by jowns

Posted by Lyal on October 01, 2003 at 06:48:48:

you can sometimes get the utility companies to do it for a short time or just put it in your name for bit.
Lyal

water and electric on or off - Posted by jowns

Posted by jowns on September 30, 2003 at 21:03:14:

i bought a 16x70 that needed nothing more than a days cleaning so i asked the guy next door if i could use his power. he was more than happy too help me out.after showing the home a couple of times in the dark i now think i should have turned the power on.I also think the people are more sceptacle about the power not being on.It was a repo that was only empty one month.everything looks to be in good working order.for the price im asking if nothing works it would still be a good deal for someone.the water i can turn on and off at the meter.i usually turn it on before showing the home.

Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 03, 2003 at 22:21:26:

…collect $200.

Hey! if the utilities have been turned off by the water company, you just can’t turn them on whenever you like. That’s illegal.

In my area fines of several hundred dollars are added to the property owner’s water bill when you do this. If you don’t pay the fine, you will NEVER get water service again.

Why not try this instead: get a 3-4 foot length of washing machine water hose. It is unique because it has female fittings on both ends. Then connect it to garden hose, long enough to reach from your outside water fawcet and to the outside fawcet of your neighbor. You can do this because you will still have a hose with female fittings on both ends. Then turn on both outside fawcets. This will allow his water to fill and presurize your mobile home’s water system.

Now you will have water to check for leaks and to have water to use for cleaning etc.

Regards, doc