We Didn't Have This Site When We Were Young - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by JeffMT on March 28, 1999 at 23:46:06:

HR,
Thanks for the tip on the Mr. Landlord site, it looks like a very good one.

We Didn’t Have This Site When We Were Young - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 28, 1999 at 17:42:49:

I’ve been on this site for more than two years now. I have often wondered what my real estate life would have been if this site was around over twnety years ago.

I can only surmise. I would have done more deals because I would have had more confidence. I wouldn’t have been so scared to talk to a banker or to present a low offer to a seller.

I would have had the JPipers, Dan Finks, Bud Branstetters, Joe Kaisers and Ed Garcias to bounce ideas off of.

I would have learned how to do lease options and wraparounds from Bill Bronchick. And would have learned how to utilize paper in a real estate transaction from Terry Vaughn and John Behle.

Let’s not take this site for granted. In fact lets try to give back to this site a small fraction of what we all have gained from it. Just a thought.

Stone Tablets… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 29, 1999 at 13:49:47:

would have made for tedious posts. I know, low blow, but I couldn’t help it!

Regards to you and your venerable colleagues,

John Hyre

Re: We Didn’t Have This Site When We Were Young - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 28, 1999 at 18:13:15:

Phil:

Couldn’t resist pointing out that most of the people you mentioned were fairly young 20 years ago…with the exception of Ed Garcia.

But you do make a good point. This is a remarkable resource for all of us…and thank you for your many knowledgeable posts.

JPiper

I agree, Phil - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 28, 1999 at 18:12:09:

This site really is amazing. When I meet with many of the extremely successful investors in my local reia club, many of them have never even heard of some of the creative techniques discussed here (land trusts obfuscating DOS clause, etc. etc). I am grateful that ,in the early part of my career, I did find this site and all the wonderful ideas and people that are here. This is a very special place. I couldent agree more.

HR

PS. I’d put you on that list of people to be grateful for, too. I still think I owe you a couple of beers for turning me onto the Mr. Landlord stuff.

Re: We Didn’t Have This Site When We Were Young - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on March 28, 1999 at 17:55:01:

Phil,

Twenty years ago! I didn’t realize that you started investing in real estate when you were 3 years old. A child prodigy. :wink:

Your post is timely for me. In fact, I’ve spent most of today trying to help folks by responding to posts. I really enjoy pondering my responses. In fact, thinking of solutions for others has helped me come up with solutions for some of my problems.

Thanks for the reminder.

Bill K. (AZ)

Mr Landlord - Posted by Kevin Abbey OK

Posted by Kevin Abbey OK on March 28, 1999 at 22:27:23:

I caught the “thank you” for turning HR onto the Mr Landlord info. Would you please mention that here again for a wanabe such as I. I’m negotiating on a triplex now, and may be able to use some help soon.

Thanks,

Kevin Abbey

Re: Mr Landlord - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 28, 1999 at 22:58:51:

Kevin,

Jeffrey Taylor’s Mr. Landlord materials are outstanding. They will decrease years off your learning curve if you follow his advice. His stuff is available here and at his website, www.mrlandlord.com. If you want to landlord, this material is a MUST!

Good luck with your deal.

HR